Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked: HK VP9B - Button Mag Release

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I think it technically classified as a disorder or abnormality.
    I always thought it was the consequence of living in sin.

Maybe this has something to do with the VP9 being priced much lower lately. I've seen them around $500 in a couple of places online.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Phart View Post
    Maybe this has something to do with the VP9 being priced much lower lately. I've seen them around $500 in a couple of places online.
    This has existed for some time. The public release may be due to flagging sales but it was developed because HK was losing and in some cases being excluded from GOV and LE contracts due to the paddle release.

The VP9 performed the best of the three passing candidates in the TX DPS pistol trials but officially lost the contract to SIGs P320 because of the paddle mag release.

Both the FBI and DHS /ICE pistol solicitations specifically required a button type mag release.

Buttons are stupid. It's sad they had to bother making this thing due to good old moronic gubment requirements.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

I've only ever had one HK, I'm sure with the extended paddle release I would have liked it just fine but at work I'm issued a 92 so I'd like to stick to a similar manual of arms. If they did a USP with a button (they probably won't) I'd have to move it up the list several spots.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Buttons are stupid. It's sad they had to bother making this thing due to good old moronic gubment requirements.
    Lowest common denominator “shooters”. Though I figure if a place like Phenix City, AL can get their officers to run it (VP40) then it can’t be that hard.

At the same time HK is about the only big player using this release and it kinda makes sense to get on board with the standard. Make the gun the people want.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

I really like the paddle release. That being said, I like shooting lots of different types of guns, and commonality of controls is a good thing.

As far as lefties, no reason a button can’t be fully ambidextrous (as opposed to reversible). Look at the Springfield XD.

See, being a south paw is better; I have no issues transitioning between paddle and button. I don't even think about it. I don't even switch button sides when possible; in fact I don't understand how you right handers operate button releases, as the thumb isn't that strong at the proximal joint. Lefties just do it better.

Honestly, I don't care if HK wants to make button and paddle mag versions. If it makes them shipping container loads of money, it's all good.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    See, being a south paw is better; I have no issues transitioning between paddle and button. I don't even think about it. I don't even switch button sides when possible
    I personally don’t prefer any controls being reversed or ambi, except a safety. While I’m a right handed pistol shooter, some years back I transitioned to being a left handed long gun shooter due to my left eye dominance. Other than an ambi safety, my AR15s have all standard controls. Most of the 3-gun matches I shoot are team matches, so it’s good to be able to adapt to other rifles.

Off topic, I’d want an ambi on an AR regardless of handedness, as I use the off side to apply the safety.
    Last edited by Bucky; 10-03-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    HK had an old mantra that was something to the effect of 'buy 1000 of them and we'll build you whatever you want'.
    On a European LE contract they reversed the safety on the USP so that 'Fire' was in the up position, 'Safe' was in the down position, and decock was down from 'Safe'.

So while it occasionally produces silly stuff - that mantra gave the world the MP5/10, and I'm pretty darn tootin' okay with that.

It'll be interesting to try a VP9 with a button release.

User Tag List