Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Leaked: HK VP9B - Button Mag Release

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the feedback; my old department is dumping the VP9s for Glocks because the VP9s are not picking back.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Thanks for the feedback; my old department is dumping the VP9s for Glocks because the VP9s are not picking back.
    Can you elaborate on this?

Based on significant experience shooting the VP9 and Glock pistols, they have somewhat different characters, and I think the VP9 is arguably a better LE gun. I find the Glock easier to shoot fast, and the VP9 easier to shoot accurately. That is for all level shooters, but especially with less developed shooters, since the Glock trigger takes a special type of loving. The VP9 seems to require even less PM than a Glock, although the Glock wins out on ease of maintenance.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    We issued 1911s for my whole career. I retired in 2015 and the majority of the department has less than 5 years on. All the range officers are experienced police officers but have less than 5 years working the range. I don’t know how much coaching is going on vs target scoring now. They will be qualifying very soon and I will stop by and try and get more info.

deleted....
    Last edited by Borderland; 05-07-2019 at 10:20 PM.

Site Supporter
    I meant to type “not locking back” as in slide lock. Damn auto correct

Hammertime
    Anybody having their VP9 fail to lock the slide to the rear when you fire the last round in the magazine?
    The HK P series and VP9 series pistols have extremely sensitive slide release/lock levers. They will lock back regularly, but the slightest bump by a user will drop them. I have had to learn to keep that strong thumb way away from the lever while shooting them.

May be a design issue, but mostly a user issue.

Name:  371F022E-D9B5-45BC-A14B-E183854FD06C.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  38.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Name:  371F022E-D9B5-45BC-A14B-E183854FD06C.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  38.3 KB
    Can we get some details on the work done and your experience with this setup so far?

Poconnor
    I have carried a VP9 on duty since 2015. I was issued a P229 for the 20 something years prior. In my experience both of these guns have very sensitive slide lock levers. I have fixed my issue by tweaking my grip slightly to avoid touching the release at all. As long as I do my part the slide locks back every time regardless of the ammunition I am using. I suspect your Officers are having the same problem and can fix it by modifying their grip slightly.

Primary Machine took this photo, and I should receive it back next week.

Anybody having their VP9 fail to lock the slide to the rear when you fire the last round in the magazine?
    I had that happen with my P30L a few times when I first got it. I switched out the side and backstraps to medium sides and large back and it changed my grip enough to prevent it from happening. This was before the VP-9 was out. When I got the VP-9 I set up the grips similarly and have not had the slide not lock back after the last round. I probably have over 6000 rounds through VP9s, including the compact.

User Tag List