Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Leaked: HK VP9B - Button Mag Release

Leaked: HK VP9B - Button Mag Release

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Ok, I will bite — what is a VP9C?
    Basically a Glock 19 sized (5.0” high) VP9 that natively (i.e. flush) accepts USPc 13 round magazines without an X Grip or similar.
    Last edited by RJ; 01-23-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Has any manufacturer made a striker pistol with a thumb safety that works as well as the thumb safety on a 1911?
    M&P 1/2.0s with the thumb safety come to mind. They’re not perfect but they’re the best thumb safeties I’ve seen on a striker gun. If they were a touch higher I’d like them more. They’re a little low if you ride the thumb safety with an aggressive thumbs forward grip.

The safety on the M17 isn’t too bad either. I like the M&P safety better but I had no issues running my thumb on top of the safety 1911-style in the 60ish rounds I put through my friend’s M17 this weekend.
    Shoot more, post less...

Has any manufacturer made a striker pistol with a thumb safety that works as well as the thumb safety on a 1911?
    Has any manufacturer made a striker pistol with a trigger that works as well as a 1911?

Played with these again at SHOT. I still think they got the button just right and I still prefer it to the paddles.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Shot the VP9B with the Night Fission sights. They were regulated like factory sights, meaning drive the dot, which is not surprising since they appear to be factory dimensions. I like them as much as any tritium sights, which is another way of saying I really like red dots these days.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quick update. I had Primary Machine direct mill a VP9L for a DeltaPoint Pro, and mill a VP9B for an RMS Shield. Both came out great.

Name:  65D17DA8-2028-4C8E-867B-C066F156A75E.jpg
Views: 1144
Size:  98.4 KB

Here is some slo-mo video, comparing the VP9L to the VP9B, followed by shooting a few Garcia dots with the VP9L so you can see it at regular speed.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Anybody having their VP9 fail to lock the slide to the rear when you fire the last round in the magazine?

I haven't had that issue at all with my VP40. I only use factory ammunition, usually 180 gr, but no issues with 165 gr either.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 05-07-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Anybody having their VP9 fail to lock the slide to the rear when you fire the last round in the magazine?
    Yes, I can attribute that to riding the slide stop, though. It's easy to get a piece of that big b*stard with my dominant thumb.

It happens to me with the VP40 (and P30), but I know it's due to my thumb hitting the slide release. I don't shoot it much or I would make adjustments to my grip with that gun.

User Tag List