Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dark Star Gear

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Soylent Green is holsters!
    AND delicious!

I had a run of time where I had two black holsters stolen at the range or matches. If I have funky colors, I can see if there’s anything stopping me from holstering fully, AND people better think twice before stealing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    AND delicious!

I had a run of time where I had two black holsters stolen at the range or matches. If I have funky colors, I can see if there’s anything stopping me from holstering fully, AND people better think twice before stealing!

Maybe in future, before matches, just walk up and make sure everyone sees you strike a pose:

I don't think anyone will screw with your gear after that. (Unless they happen to have a bottle of clove oil in their gear bag. )
    Last edited by blues; 10-03-2018 at 12:15 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Dark Star is one of the very few "go to" brands I recommend right now. Tom is the very best kind of people.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

@nate89 what comp are you running on your P226?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    @nate89 what comp are you running on your P226?
    I have been (I thought patiently) waiting for TBRC to start shipping their M&P comp because I have seen others using them on the 226/229 with success. After over 6 months, I sort of gave up and started looking around for other options, I even got with a friend of mine with some cad and machine skills about maybe making one. Luckily Samson manufacturing came out with the comp I bought which is for the M&P shield.

Sadly I haven't had the chance to test it out yet (and no I haven't been carrying it), but hope to get to the range this week. It has a unique attachment system. You install what looks like a thread protector with a groove all the way around onto the barrel (check the pictures on the samson website linked below), then slip the comp over it, and tighten three set screws that hold it in place.

I will be running a variety of drills with the comped/red dot 226 compared to one sans comp to see if there is any difference. Honestly I'm most excited about not having to clean the lens of the light off so much, that almost was worth the cost right there!

https://www.rainierarms.com/samson-m...et-comp-black/

https://www.samson-mfg.com/pocket-comp-natural.html

I got mine from Rainier. I really like them, and purchase from them when I can.

/*thread drift

Awesome, thanks for the info. I tried a TBRCi G43 mini comp threaded onto a Silencerco barrel on my Mk25. I didn't feel like it did anything, whereas the same comp and ammo on my G19 definitely changed the recoil characteristics(for the better).

*/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    /*thread drift

Awesome, thanks for the info. I tried a TBRCi G43 mini comp threaded onto a Silencerco barrel on my Mk25. I didn't feel like it did anything, whereas the same comp and ammo on my G19 definitely changed the recoil characteristics(for the better).

*/
    That's interesting you mention the 43 comp, because I tried the exact same thing before I put it on a 43 and felt the same way. Maybe this one will do more, maybe not. I guess rangetime will tell.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Maybe in future, before matches, just walk up and make sure everyone sees you strike a pose:

I don't think anyone will screw with your gear after that. (Unless they happen to have a bottle of clove oil in their gear bag. )
    Is it safe?
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Is it safe?
    It's so safe you wouldn't believe it.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    AND delicious!

I may be able to agree somewhat with that Name:  001D0C8C-84A0-416E-9083-C4AA357A3557.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  52.6 KB
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

User Tag List