Thread: Installing the 4.1 LEM kit

Installing the 4.1 LEM kit

I've looked at the guides for LEM install on HKPro, got everything to look right, and the trigger won't work -- when installed, the gun doesn't seem to cock and once the hammer's back the trigger won't do anything nor will it go forward. I'm pretty much at my limit here... Apparently HK decided one needs six hands and a team of engineers to do anything besides change a RSA on their firearms.

Anybody dealt with HK customer service? I have the 4.1 parts. Any idea what the cost for an install might be? Or is this something a local gunsmith would be able to do?
    Last edited by ssb; 10-02-2018 at 06:49 PM.

HK Customer Service

It sounds like a call to HK Customer Service would be a good place to start.

I've called them at 706-568-1906 to order parts. You might want to call them and ask about sending your pistol in for reassembly
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I've looked at the guides for LEM install on HKPro, got everything to look right, and the trigger won't work -- when installed, the gun doesn't seem to cock and once the hammer's back the trigger won't do anything nor will it go forward. I'm pretty much at my limit here... Apparently HK decided one needs six hands and a team of engineers to do anything besides change a RSA on their firearms.

Anybody dealt with HK customer service? I have the 4.1 parts. Any idea what the cost for an install might be? Or is this something a local gunsmith would be able to do?

Did you ever get this figured out?

Quote Originally Posted by Robb Jensen View Post
    Did you ever get this figured out?
    I paid HK to do it. Cost was very reasonable, charge was a half hour of shop time.

Do they have an economic shipping system like Sig? With Sig, you create an account, they charge you $55, (ROUNDTRIP shipping) and send you a label. You simply box up your gun, throw the label on it, and drop it off at FedEx.

Just curious how HK does theirs...

Quote Originally Posted by Sig66 View Post
    Do they have an economic shipping system like Sig? With Sig, you create an account, they charge you $55, (ROUNDTRIP shipping) and send you a label. You simply box up your gun, throw the label on it, and drop it off at FedEx.

Just curious how HK does theirs...
    No, but I wish they did. Charge was $30 for return shipping, and I think I paid ~$30 to get it there using ShipMyGun.com.

...not bad at all.

User Tag List