Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal FC #1 Available?

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    If we could formalize a letter/email to send to Federal, between here, and a number of us who have blogs with substantial readerships, we could get the word out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hope so, but #1 FC was made by request from some people here, and others. Sales sucked. Im afraid they will say "hey, we built it, no one came, we have a more profitable use for that machinery." I hate to be a naysayer, but if i were LeVista, thats what id tell you based on the last few years.

I hipe that im wrong. I loved that loading. Ill poke around a bit, but my sources tell me the ship may have sailed. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I hope so, but #1 FC was made by request from some people here, and others. Sales sucked. Im afraid they will say "hey, we built it, no one came, we have a more profitable use for that machinery." I hate to be a naysayer, but if i were LeVista, thats what id tell you based on the last few years.

I hipe that im wrong. I loved that loading. Ill poke around a bit, but my sources tell me the ship may have sailed. Maybe.
    So did they just overestimate what the demand would be; or, did the people who requested it not follow through and purchase?

Curious as I've never heard the story behind this round

thanks
    Last edited by ccmdfd; 10-05-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    So did they just overestimate what the demand would be; or, did the people who requested it not follow through and purchase?

Curious as I've never heard the story behind this round

thanks
    From what I gather, several people asked for it, Federal did it, noone ordered it. The details are much more nuanced, but I think that's the gist, as I understand it.

This indeed is disappointing if true. I would be in for a group buy if we could pull one off. Otherwise, I guess I'll settle on one of the two low recoil OO loads. I have a few boxes of the 8 pellet and I'll pick up a couple of the 9 pellet. I'll stick with whichever one patterns better out of my 1301.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Everybody's heard of "double-ought buck." It's practically the national standard self-defense load. It's going to take a heckuva campaign to convince everyone that #1 Buck is better...
    I'm thinking that if the results of scientific testing were to make the pages of American Rifleman/Shooting Illustrated, and Lucky Gunner's video series, maybe demand would pick up to the point where it would be more readily available.
    In a year or three.

I suspect that part of the problem may be that it is marketed as a Law Enforcement load -- some dealers require LEO certification -- but LE agencies are no more immune from "everybody knows double-ought buck" than Joe Sixpack.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Bummer. I'm down to a little over 2.5 cases. I guess it's time to start rationing.
    I’m down to a half, hence my concern!

Email to Federal was responded to in less than 15 minutes. Unfortunately it said we’re Technical, will forward to Sales.

I came to the shotgun late and didn't know much about different buckshot loads. I'd be in for a group buy now.

Site Supporter
    I'm just thinking out loud, but I think Chris Baker of LuckyGunner (@LGChris) is a member here. If we're really serious about a group buy, perhaps we could persuade him to try and place an order from Federal. I'd very much like to try some of the No. 1 buck.
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 10-05-2018 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Added tag for Chris — and it didn’t work. :(

In for a case!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I’m down to a half, hence my concern!

Email to Federal was responded to in less than 15 minutes. Unfortunately it said we’re Technical, will forward to Sales.
    I fired off an email asking as well, I'm not expecting a response until Monday though since it went out late on a Friday afternoon. They've been really good at getting back to me in the past though. We'll see and fingers crossed.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

User Tag List