Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal FC #1 Available?

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I did notice that the FC wads are now red...didn't know if that was a signal of some sort of significant change or not, or possibly a way to distinguish between possible different wads in future production.
    Interesting. I’ve noticed that my last case of 8 pellet doesn’t seem to pattern as tightly as I remember. Just got in a new one, better open it and check...

Debugged, yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Debugged, yet?
    +1

I'm sure several people here will have the opportunity to ask about it at SHOT.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

It is no longer listed on Federal's LE website. Only 00 Buck loads are shown.

So they discontinue #1 buck, and then they release.. this.. thing? https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...plits-in-half/

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    So they discontinue #1 buck, and then they release.. this.. thing? https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...plits-in-half/
    I'll be interested to see how it does in testing. I'm not instantly opposed to it.

If we can get it with flight control level patterning and it reduces the possibility of over-penetration it's not a bad thing.

The idea of the pellets splitting up once they're inside the target isn't as good as more projectiles hitting at the same place at roughly the same time, though. More individual wound tracks are nice in that there's more chances of hitting something CNS related...assuming it penetrates deeply enough to accomplish that.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    Hmm...Interesting.

But I can't help but think that won't pattern worth a damn much past 10 yards. What I've found by comparing the Federal flight control and Hornady Critical Defense, which use the same exact wad, is the Federal trounces the Hornady. This is because Federal uses copper plated shot along with a shot buffer. Hornady just uses bare shot with no buffer. I'm pretty sure that shot deformation is a lot more in the Hornady load and that's what causes it's much larger groups. That belt looking thing on the shot can't be very aerodynamic, but it may be a hell of a good load up close.

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Lt. View Post
    It is no longer listed on Federal's LE website. Only 00 Buck loads are shown.
    I didn't see #1 buckshot on the Federal site, just 000, 00, and 4.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

I need to order some, what is the preferred buck, available now, for the 1301?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List