Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal FC #1 Available?

Quote Originally Posted by blake_g View Post
    I'm probably speaking out of turn here, but from my experience it's not the fact that it's #1 buck but the FliteControl wad that is the significant part of the equation here. Several folks make #1 Buck, only Federal makes the FC wad...
    Yeah, I was aware of that, Blake. My suggestion was intended merely as another possible option.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

I wonder if someone could convince Hornady to offer a #1B option with their version of the Versatite wad.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I can say from 1st hand experience that the Hornady doesn't shoot anything at all like the Federal. I suspect that it's because Hornady doesn't use shot buffer and Federal does use a buffer. I've tried both 00 Critical Defense and #4 buck Varmint Express. Hornady = No bueno in 2 different guns.

@the Schwartz I use the equivalent Winchester load and it patterns pretty well out of my 590A1. Since the Remington is buffered I'd expect it to be similar. Midway used to have the Winchester in stock pretty regularly, but now only seem to have the 3" version available.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    @the Schwartz I use the equivalent Winchester load and it patterns pretty well out of my 590A1. Since the Remington is buffered I'd expect it to be similar. Midway used to have the Winchester in stock pretty regularly, but now only seem to have the 3" version available.
    Is the Winchester load buffered?
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Yeah, I was aware of that, Blake. My suggestion was intended merely as another possible option.
    Roger that - i figured but you never know...

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Is the Winchester load buffered?
    Yes.

ETA: Damn those pics are big! Noted to use medium in the future...
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Spartan1980; 04-17-2019 at 09:35 PM.

Luckygunner has them in stock and at a decent price too.

https://www.luckygunner.com/12-gauge...xb121-5-rounds
    Last edited by Spartan1980; 04-17-2019 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Luckygunner has them in stock and at a decent price too.

https://www.luckygunner.com/12-gauge...xb121-5-rounds
    Well, clearly you are an adverse influence on me...

Found myself at the LGS this a.m. when I came across 12 boxes of the stuff priced at $3.88 each. Took them all. Now my wallet is forty bucks lighter.

I've patterned the Remington Express #1 and Winchester Super-X #1 out of a 21" M1 and 18.5" 870. Patterns were 3 times the size even at 5-yards compared to the Federal load.

Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    I've patterned the Remington Express #1 and Winchester Super-X #1 out of a 21" M1 and 18.5" 870. Patterns were 3 times the size even at 5-yards compared to the Federal load.
    What were you using for choke???

User Tag List