Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal FC #1 Available?

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Generally, ammo manufacturers rotate between loads; which loads they spend more time on depends on which loads are more popular. Just because the cognoscenti here want FC#1 doesn't mean everyone is so enlightened, thus, FC00 is in plentiful supply. #1 may get a week on the production line a year. (I'm guessing as to the interval, but how many Law Enforcement agencies actually use this 'Law EWnforcemnt" load?)
    With less popular ammo it can be more than a year between production runs. This is a total guess, but I think it would take a six figure order to get Federal's attention.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    With less popular ammo it can be more than a year between production runs. This is a total guess, but I think it would take a six figure order to get Federal's attention.
    Its not possible to create an order from this board that LeVista cares about. To get this done is going to take social engineering. Its going to be a sell based on soul, not shekels. Contact the people you know that have actual pull within LeVista. Ive dropped a bug in an ear, and will see where it goes. Im surprised Gary Roberts hasnt done same, or rather, id say id be surprised if he hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    We still use some shit-quality Winchester Ranger 00 load that can barely keep pellets on a man at 15 yards from our 14" guns....

Getting the FC No1 load at my agency would give me a woody, and also likely alleviate one of our biggest complaints.....
    Maybe you could talk to your agency's buyer...

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Maybe you could talk to your agency's buyer...
    We buy ammunition in the millions on big contracts. So, it's not like we can just decide on a whim to change ammo.

Plus, the people at those high levels in charge of such things usually don't care and can barely remember which end the bullet comes out. Over the last 5 years we had some good people in critical positions with a clue and some gumption, and their efforts were (rightfully) focused on our primary long gun and pistol, and they fucking nailed it. From talking to them personally, it was pretty draining to make it happen, so I imagine changing shotgun ammo would have been a bridge too far especially considering it's a niche weapon for us. After all, you've got to explain this shit to people who have the mindset of, "well it's worked fine for the last 120 years...".
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    We buy ammunition in the millions on big contracts. So, it's not like we can just decide on a whim to change ammo.

Plus, the people at those high levels in charge of such things usually don't care and can barely remember which end the bullet comes out. Over the last 5 years we had some good people in critical positions with a clue and some gumption, and their efforts were (rightfully) focused on our primary long gun and pistol, and they fucking nailed it. From talking to them personally, it was pretty draining to make it happen, so I imagine changing shotgun ammo would have been a bridge too far especially considering it's a niche weapon for us. After all, you've got to explain this shit to people who have the mindset of, "well it's worked fine for the last 120 years...".
    Therein lies the problem. Large agencies don't use shotguns as much as they used to, and without large agency orders, FC #1 will be a lower priority for Federal than 3" turkey shells.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

We made a quick visit to the Federal HQ last week and I talked to some of their folks about #1 FC. There will be more soon, hopefully early next year. Not sure if I should say anything more. My impression is it that the scarcity of #1 FC is not due to lack of demand and that load has plenty of fans inside the company.
    The guy from Lucky Gunner

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LGChris View Post
    We made a quick visit to the Federal HQ last week and I talked to some of their folks about #1 FC. There will be more soon, hopefully early next year. Not sure if I should say anything more. My impression is it that the scarcity of #1 FC is not due to lack of demand and that load has plenty of fans inside the company.
    Can you get us in the queue for the first pallet?

Thanks for the good news...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Can you get us in the queue for the first pallet?

Thanks for the good news...
    I'm doing my best to make sure we have some when it becomes available, but that's tricky with products earmarked for LE sales.
    The guy from Lucky Gunner

Site Supporter
    LATE TO THE PARTY:

What is the best we can buy now in 12g? Another FC product perhaps?

thx
    D

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    LATE TO THE PARTY:

What is the best we can buy now in 12g? Another FC product perhaps?

thx
    D
    The "00" version works well for me. LE13200

ETA: On sale and in stock for $3.99/box of 5
    https://www.ammunitiondepot.com/949-federal-premium-12-ga-reduced-recoil-2-3-4-9-pellet-flitecontrol-00-buck-shot.html

ETA2: SG Ammo is cheaper. Also in stock.
    https://www.sgammo.com/site_search?populate=LE13200
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 10-16-2018 at 02:46 PM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List