Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal FC #1 Available?

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    There are logistics companies that can handle this activity.....

Possibly better.... If Federal shows any interest we could reach out to an ammo retailer like SGAmmo and see if they would be interested in joining. Maybe work a deal with them for distribution.....
    SGA boxes up their "LE" ammo and sells to us dirty civilians. I dunno how that would work out...LeVista isn't like Hornady thankfully, but they still don't market their LE stuff direct to civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I really don’t think that’s a problem we need to worry about. The likelihood of this working out is exceedingly low.
    I’m starting to investigate the Benelli low power recoil spring, but I’m still in for 2-3 cases as the one who raised the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I’m starting to investigate the Benelli low power recoil spring, but I’m still in for 2-3 cases as the one who raised the question.
    Why are you looking at that? M1 or m2?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I agree. However, I also:

In any case, I've emailed my contact but I have an old ATK email address for her -- and as of 2015 or so, the ATK ammo/sporting goods business was spun off into Vista Outdoors, so it may not even go through. Or she may still be with ATK, and not Vista. Who knows. In any case, the email didn't immediately bounce but that doesn't really mean anything. I'll give it a couple of days and then given her a call (assuming the number I have is still good).

Are you a company/business owner? If not, you need to contact LEVista via a distributor. They do not sell to individuals, no-matter how much money you want to spend.

You forgot to mention that you are an extremely wealthy and powerful business owner.

CWM11B
    I'll commit right now to two cases. Possibly four, definitely two. Damn, I didn't realize this was now unobtanium.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    I'll commit right now to two cases. Possibly four, definitely two. Damn, I didn't realize this was now unobtanium.
    No kidding. I still remember getting the “in stock” notification from SG Ammo about 2 years ago, and IMMEDIATELY ordering some. Unfortunately, I just got a brick of 50.
    Now I’m willing to get a case or 2, to the tune of several hundred $.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    No kidding. I still remember getting the “in stock” notification from SG Ammo about 2 years ago, and IMMEDIATELY ordering some. Unfortunately, I just got a brick of 50.
    Now I’m willing to get a case or 2, to the tune of several hundred $.
    Shit tons in stock a few months back on ammoman.com, so i got a brick to try, and then it was all gone. I think they pulled it or something because of other ammo types like hornady 81255 also evaporated while no others saw a run. 81255 has never been a hot mover either.
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 10-15-2018 at 01:53 AM.

Generally, ammo manufacturers rotate between loads; which loads they spend more time on depends on which loads are more popular. Just because the cognoscenti here want FC#1 doesn't mean everyone is so enlightened, thus, FC00 is in plentiful supply. #1 may get a week on the production line a year. (I'm guessing as to the interval, but how many Law Enforcement agencies actually use this 'Law EWnforcemnt" load?)
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Generally, ammo manufacturers rotate between loads; which loads they spend more time on depends on which loads are more popular. Just because the cognoscenti here want FC#1 doesn't mean everyone is so enlightened, thus, FC00 is in plentiful supply. #1 may get a week on the production line a year. (I'm guessing as to the interval, but how many Law Enforcement agencies actually use this 'Law EWnforcemnt" load?)
    We still use some shit-quality Winchester Ranger 00 load that can barely keep pellets on a man at 15 yards from our 14" guns....

Getting the FC No1 load at my agency would give me a woody, and also likely alleviate one of our biggest complaints.....
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List