Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal FC #1 Available?

Oils and Lotions SME
    I'm in for 8 pellet 00 or #1 or whatever @LGChris can get. At least 2, probably 5 cases.
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Aray View Post
    I'm in for 8 pellet 00 or #1 or whatever @LGChris can get. At least 2, probably 5 cases.
    You can buy all but #1 readily right now. I prefer the 9 pellet load. Your gun will dictate. I hate giving up a pellet for nothing and the 8 and 9 both throw fliers at the same rate for my guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    That TAP round might work. Like you said the Versatite wad is essentially identical to the FC, I think they are both paying royalties on the same patent. The CD round doesn't pattern anywhere near as good as FC out of my Benelli or 590A1. Both with cylinder barrels which is ideal for that wad. I think it's because of the extra velocity the wad separates faster. The Federal loads use shot buffer which helps too whereas the Hornady doesn't. I might have to find some of that TAP just to find out how close it gets to the FC.
    The Federal stuff is also copper plated,whereas the Hornady is plain lead.

Quote Originally Posted by witchking777 View Post
    I think the buffering is the biggest issue, as well as the velocity/deformation associated with.

Oils and Lotions SME
    Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    You can buy all but #1 readily right now. I prefer the 9 pellet load. Your gun will dictate. I hate giving up a pellet for nothing and the 8 and 9 both throw fliers at the same rate for my guns.
    I am aware of the availability and performance of 8 and 9 #00. I am, however, down for any group buy discounts.
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Aray View Post
    I am aware of the availability and performance of 8 and 9 #00. I am, however, down for any group buy discounts.
    Unless the supplier chooses to eat their margins, there is no way Federal is making a concession for such a small order, but hey, I'm in, too, once the numbers are finalized if they look good. If a group buy on #1 buck is better than what it can be had at otherwise, then count me in.
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 10-18-2018 at 06:54 AM.

Lol! Someone emailed the wrong person. Earned us a 150% price increase on LE ammo from Vista. (Wasnt me!)
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 10-23-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by witchking777 View Post
    I wasn't aware of that (the Federal). Nice to know!

Fear not, intrepid shotguneers - for Federal has bestowed upon thee manna from heaven. https://www.targetsportsusa.com/fede...b-p-58630.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    Fear not, intrepid shotguneers - for Federal has bestowed upon thee manna from heaven. https://www.targetsportsusa.com/fede...b-p-58630.aspx
    Got a case. Thank you!
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List