Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal FC #1 Available?

Quote Originally Posted by blake_g View Post
    What were you using for choke???
    The 870 is cylinder bore and the Benelli is running a SK or IC choke depending on the load.

Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    I've patterned the Remington Express #1 and Winchester Super-X #1 out of a 21" M1 and 18.5" 870. Patterns were 3 times the size even at 5-yards compared to the Federal load.
    I've patterned the Winchester and Federal loads out of a Beretta 1301 Comp and a TX-4. At 10 yards, the Federal shot into 2" and 1" respectively. The Winchester #1 load did 8" out of both guns at 10 yards. Also shot the Federal #1 out of a Benelli Nova and a Browning A-5 with Vang choke. It did 2" out of both those guns at 10 yards as well.
    At 20 yards, the Federal #1 ranged from 4" to 9" with the largest pattern out of the A-5. The Berettas did 4" and 5" respectively. I shot the 1301 Comp at 30 yards and got a 12" pattern with the Federal.

I didn't try the Winchester load at 20 yards.

Haven't tried the Remington load.
    Last edited by LtDave; 04-20-2019 at 11:38 AM.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Just stopped at the Federal Booth at #NRAAM , and asked about the supply.

I was told that they were having issues with flyers, and that they needed to redesign the Flite Control Wad for #1 Buck, and that they pulled it completely until that was done. He said even Law Enforcement won't be able to get more until that was done.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post

I was told that they were having issues with flyers, and that they needed to redesign the Flite Control Wad for #1 Buck, and that they pulled it completely until that was done. He said even Law Enforcement won't be able to get more until that was done.
    Interesting!

Yes--it is being improved.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter

Good to know - thanks for sharing that tidbit.
    There sure will be some pent-up demand to satisfy when it becomes available again.

I said this over a year ago. Very erratic performance, and fliers.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I said this over a year ago. Very erratic performance, and fliers.
    Apparently you convinced them.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Apparently you convinced them.
    Nah, but I do take credit for asking Jeff Hoffman to consider neck sealant on their Barnes and GMX rifle loadings a few years back. Very happy about that!

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I did notice that the FC wads are now red...didn't know if that was a signal of some sort of significant change or not, or possibly a way to distinguish between possible different wads in future production.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List