Thread: Gabe White PSS Lakeland FL. 09/29-30/2018

Gabe White PSS Lakeland FL. 09/29-30/2018

Name:  010FF564-ED11-4120-95AE-511C8F77F8DB.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  49.3 KB

Lessons learned -

Over the last six months since last taking Gabe White’s Pistol Shooting Solutions course, I’ve grown and learned much. I’d like to share a few of the principles that I’ve adopted and firmly believe in now. My second time through was a completely different experience.

“You must remove the yoke of low expectations.” - Gabe White

We often define our own limitations and fail to reach beyond them. If we release ourselves from the burden of our own low expectations we often find we’re capable of much more.

Process vs. outcome focused -

My first time through Gabe’s course my mindset was firmly grounded in the outcome. Despite Gabe’s insistence of NOT having this mindset I was unable to (at the time) change. Over the course of time I internalized this. While I am still imperfect, I’ve experienced a paradigm shift in my ability to have the discipline to focus on the process when performance is demanded. This has unlocked a seemingly endless amount of progression.

We are the sum total of our practice -

There is nothing you can do to make yourself better in the moment. Release yourself from the expectation that by simply pushing harder you can achieve something you haven’t already sweat to accomplish. In practice we ingrain that which we seek to be able to do tomorrow. IF we have done the work - we can rest assured in the moment, that we will be able to call upon those skills. Rushing, trying and hurrying will not net us results that have not already earned in practice.

“Define your level of participation.” - Steve Anderson

In truth, Gabe’s class reaches for the outer limits of what is possible in the scope of the armed citizen. This is what makes it so attractive to me. While the possibilities are intriguing, the work to achieve them is arduous. For this reason, I feel that you must define your level of participation. If your time and drive dictate that you can only practice occasionally that is fine! But practice you must. Gabe and many others have made no secrets with regards to what it has taken to achieve the levels of skill that they now own. Their determination is not unheard of, but it is uncommon. Be comfortable with your contribution and equally realistic in your expectations.

I am now immensely hopeful for the future. I feel free to explore the boundless horizons of skill and the deep levels of meaning, satisfaction and accomplishment that accompanies them.

Below I will outline the metrics that are demonstrative of everything I’ve spoken to above. While these numbers do not represent the peak, I am incredibly proud of them. I will continue on the path to which I am set so that I may achieve even more.

02/11/2018

Bill Drill - 2.90 (Dark Pin)
    Failure To Stop - 2.29 (Dark Pin)
    Immediate Incapacitation - 2.00 (Light Pin)
    Split Bill Drill - 3.40 (Light Pin)

9/30/2018

Bill Drill - 2.25 (Light Pin)
    Failure To Stop - 1.77 (Light Pin)
    Immediate Incapacitation - 1.76 (Turbo Pin)
    Split Bill Drill - 2.66 (Light Pin)

Great AAR.

It was a pleasure both meeting you and watching you shoot. See you at WAC sometime this winter.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Great AAR.

It was a pleasure both meeting you and watching you shoot. See you at WAC sometime this winter.

Rich
    Same to you sir! Looking forward to it!

Can I come to the WAC too?

Thanks for sharing this AAR. I find the mindset piece to be particularly inspiring.

I’ve got work to do, and I must embrace every aspect of it.

Great read.Lot of BIG TRUTHS in there.

Headed to Gabe's class at the end of this month.

Funny, I was just telling myself the other day - "I am not carrying ANY expectations or goals into the class".
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    Great read.Lot of BIG TRUTHS in there.

Headed to Gabe's class at the end of this month.

Funny, I was just telling myself the other day - "I am not carrying ANY expectations or goals into the class".
    Looking forward to your AAR.

It’s fair to say Gabe’s class completely reworked my mindset on what’s possible for me if I apply the precepts he espouses.

Be prepared to work hard. The Signal to Noise ratio is very high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List