Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snub ammo test at Revolver Roundup

My VOTE is SNUBS again next year...........just sayin....CYA not so Retro
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

We dont see a lot of mention of 357 being used in a snub.
    I am curious if the testing done this weekend changed anyone's mind on carry rounds? I see the Gold dot, which is a highly recommended round got plugged up. Really just interested in the take a ways of the test.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I am curious if the testing done this weekend changed anyone's mind on carry rounds? I see the Gold dot, which is a highly recommended round got plugged up. Really just interested in the take a ways of the test.
    Camsdaddy, I carry silvertip in my 640 Pro. The silvertip did exactly what it was suppose to do.
    In air weights I carry Buffalo Bore 150 WC.....it penetrated 26in of gel and denim real straight. Chuck had warned my hardheaded self but seeing it is making me rethink my choice. Probably gonna go to Remington or on Chuck's recommendation NEW Precision Delta 148WC............CYA Mike

Revolvers Only took a huge amount of notes and pics,so look for Chaffee to put on his web site much more detailed
    Info
    Last edited by Mike Pipes; 10-02-2018 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I was referred to this thread, so let me correct a little. One round of Gold Dot .38 got plugged, but also did a full yaw, which is unusual and not a negative. Another round of the same round looked like it normally does with good penetration and expansion. I think the star of the show was my Hamilton Bowen S&W 296 with a 200 grain Gold Dot. Blasty, text book performance and solid penetration.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pipes View Post
    Camsdaddy, I carry silvertip in my 640 Pro. The silvertip did exactly what it was suppose to do.
    In air weights I carry Buffalo Bore 150 WC.....it penetrated 26in of gel and denim real straight. Chuck had warned my hardheaded self but seeing it is making me rethink my choice. Probably gonna go to Remington or on Chuck's recommendation NEW Precision Delta 148WC............CYA Mike

Revolvers Only took a huge amount of notes and pics,so look for Chaffee to put on his web site much more detailed
    Info
    New silver tip or old stock?
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pipes View Post

Info
    Did you guys check the federal WC offering?

Quote Originally Posted by hizzie View Post
    new silver tip or old stock?
    wow hiz not sure. Will dig out the box and let you know....cya mike

Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    NOT SURE.....CYA MIKE

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    That was the first round fired in Chuck's Clear Gel. It penetrated 16" and stopped in the jeans "pile" behind the block. No expansion, but excellent straight line penetration.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I was referred to this thread, so let me correct a little. One round of Gold Dot .38 got plugged, but also did a full yaw, which is unusual and not a negative. Another round of the same round looked like it normally does with good penetration and expansion. I think the star of the show was my Hamilton Bowen S&W 296 with a 200 grain Gold Dot. Blasty, text book performance and solid penetration.
    YOU NEED TO SELL THAT TO ME........CYA BROTHER

User Tag List