Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Snub ammo test at Revolver Roundup

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Bonus points for Doc for great tastes in revolvers and bands.

I also hated missing this again. I’ll be able to make it there one if these years.
    Not so much on the music. Fleetwood Mac or Eagles would be more like it.

Good deal. I am currently carrying the last of my 135 Gold Dots in my 60. I have never tested in gel. I know that my 60 really likes my LSWC reloads but I carry the Gold dots because I am leary of carrying my reloads. I have a 642 performance center on order. I am trying to decide which loads I want to try. I will have to order whichever ammo I decide since local availability is limited.

Every time I do a remelt on any Clear Gel I throw a couple of known quantity rounds into it to make sure nothing weird is happening. The Federal GMM WC was one of those loads. It's my lightweight snubby carry ammo right now. Low recoil, accurate, good straight line penetration, the sharp edges don't tend to roll so they cut all the way through.

Even if it doesn't expand the 135gr Gold Dot does tend to yaw and do a 180 in my observation. I'm OK with that since wounding is enhanced and penetration is not outrageous. From light guns it is a real chore to control, and it doesn't hit to the sights from any of my airweight snubs, so I save it for steel frame guns.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

User Tag List