Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W and Ruger "safety proposals" reminiscent of the Clinton years

S&W and Ruger "safety proposals" reminiscent of the Clinton years

Apparently sharetholders decided S&W and Ruger will assemble a report on: "whether the gun maker is adequately addressing the risks that its products are associated with gun violence and to show evidence it is exploring ways to make safer guns and products to reduce this violence."

Original article at: https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/09/25/...-proposal.html

There is also a thread on it at M4C: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...p-W-Screwed-Us

I gave both S&W and Ruger second chances. There will not be a third. Let's see if their shareholders are pleased with the results of their efforts.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Unfortunately, the companies seem to be legally bound to issue the reports. This may open the door to a set of moving goalposts, in which no report is ever accepted as fulfilling the mandate. And if shareholders can ram this through, they can demand additional action and continue to insist on more until the companies agree to stop selling black rifles, etc.

Slippery slopes, grains of sand, camels' noses, etc.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 10-01-2018 at 04:23 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Dear Shareholders;

With regards to "Are you doing enough to stop gun violence?"
    We are. Now fuck off and let us make you money. Or you prefer, sell your shares to someone who likes what we do.

Signed...

The People who Know Guns
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Unfortunately, the companies seem to be legally bound to issue the reports. This may open the door to a set of moving goalposts, in which no report is ever accepted as fulfilling the mandate. And if shareholders can ram this through, they can demand additional action and continue to insist on more until the companies agree to stop selling black rifles, etc.

Slippery slopes, grains of sand, camels' noses, etc.
    Perhaps they are attempting to destroy the companies from within and willing to accept the financial loss to accomplish political and ideological objectives.

At any rate, from my perspective, it doesn't matter what either company sells now. I am out of both for good.

CWM11B
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Dear Shareholders;

With regards to "Are you doing enough to stop gun violence?"
    We are. Now fuck off and let us make you money. Or you prefer, sell your shares to someone who likes what we do.

Signed...

The People who Know Guns
    The problem is, this group of shareholders exists to run the industry into the ground with the goal being to shut them down. The monetary loss is just the price of victory to them. The lesson here is: Be careful when you make your company public.

This is what I ended up arguing (-ish, not really arguing I guess) with Pincus on Facebook about this weekend.

It’s bad juju.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Perhaps they are attempting to destroy the companies from within and willing to accept the financial loss to accomplish political and ideological objectives.

At any rate, from my perspective, it doesn't matter what either company sells now. I am out of both for good.
    What would you have them do?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post

I gave both S&W and Ruger second chances. There will not be a third. Let's see if their shareholders are pleased with the results of their efforts.
    I'm not sure what you're upset with the company about. Shareholders have votes, they voted for a report, and they'll make a report. Until they start actually doing something to the product, I'm not ready to hop on your bandwagon.

This is the risk with taking a company public. If you're not the majority shareholder any longer, you lose a great deal of control.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Perhaps gun owners with the means need to buy a few shares instead of another gun for the safe....
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Perhaps gun owners with the means need to buy a few shares instead of another gun for the safe....
    Wouldn't that be something!

User Tag List