Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASH556's day of long gun sorrow

ASH556's infinite long gun sadness

I've done a thing and it saddens. Some of you may remember my thread, "The One" detailing my dual identical carbine setups. Well, they are no more.

Last week I sold the following:
    Both TA11H Acogs
    A Surefire Scout
    A Colt Lower
    A Benelli M1 Super 90 shotgun
    and I still have a Geissele MK4 rail for sale.

I currently have 0 fully-assembled AR's, 0 shotgun (besides single-shot heirlooms) and a pile 'o parts on my bench.
    Thank God for @Mr_White and his pistol instruction keeping me safe in da skreetz.

Meanwhile, stay tuned...something wicked this way comes.
    Last edited by ASH556; 10-01-2018 at 01:41 PM.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Oh man that TA-11 was so tempting but couldn't swing it just now. IMO that is the greatest ACOG ever. And the original I think.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I've done a thing and it saddens. Some of you may remember my thread, "The One" detailing my dual identical carbine setups. Well, they are no more.

Last week I sold the following:
    Both TA11H Acogs
    A Surefire Scout
    A Colt Lower
    A Benelli M1 Super 90 shotgun
    and I still have a Geissele MK4 rail for sale.

I currently have 0 fully-assembled AR's, 0 shotgun (besides single-shot heirlooms) and a pile 'o parts on my bench.
    Thank God for @Mr_White and his pistol instruction keeping me safe in da skreetz.

Meanwhile, stay tuned...something wicked this way comes.

There's a good argument to be made on staying strictly functionally minimalist - I did think you had a good pair of rifles in those configs. The TA11 is also my favorite ACOG.

But frankly I can't even imagine not having at least one 'social work' long gun on hand. Why not at least get a used beater 870P?

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    There's a good argument to be made on staying strictly functionally minimalist - I did think you had a good pair of rifles in those configs. The TA11 is also my favorite ACOG.

But frankly I can't even imagine not having at least one 'social work' long gun on hand. Why not at least get a used beater 870P?
    Thanks for the kind remarks!

I agree with you on keeping "social" long guns around. Much of that depends on USPS, Fedex, and UPS at this point
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Thanks for the kind remarks!

I agree with you on keeping "social" long guns around. Much of that depends on USPS, Fedex, and UPS at this point
    At least something else is on the way! If it was worth parting out those two AR's of yours, I trust it'll be a pretty nice improvement!

Now you got me all curious. Your rifles from The One thread seemed like solid serious use guns. I can't wait to see the thing that justified parting them out and selling them.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I go through this with pistols and long guns.. I think I have it solved and then I start to wonder...

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Yyyaahhhhhhssssss

I also occasionally just say Fuggit and sell off everything or trade it all away to restructure the stable. Let it do!!!

Dammit. We have similar tastes in rifles...

I'm curious where this leads, and it better not awaken anything in me. Or you'll be the one explaining it to my wife.

You would have more fun with red dot equipped AK’s, shooting 22’s gets boring after awhile.

User Tag List