View Poll Results: What's your choice for carbine optic?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aimpoint

103 64.38%
  • Eotech

4 2.50%
  • ACOG

5 3.13%
  • LPV

48 30.00%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carbine Optics Poll

Carbine Optics Poll

I'll be up front: This is mostly an academic exercise because due to my schedule with family, church, work, and kids soccer, I haven't been able to do any gun work in way too many months. That said, mental stimulation helps me stay somewhat connected.

I'd like to do a poll of AR optics by user. Most of the folks here are performance-focused and that translates to gear as well. There may be different missions/uses of the gun as well as certain agency requirements that push certain users one way or the other and I get all that, but would still like to see the data.

I'm keeping the fields simple on purpose because with optics (especially with LPV's) there is a lot of nuance. If you care to share your perspective or choice in more detail, then awesome. If you want to just vote, that's cool too.

Thanks,
    ASH
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Site Supporter
    I use an Aimpoint H2.

Very pleased with it. I tried one of the Brownells RDS as a trial because I have astigmatisms to see if it made sense. Then went to an Aimpoint ML3. Then made the jump to an Aimpoint H2 in a Scalar works mount.

Very happy with it.

I just don’t shoot enough.

I’m interested in the LPV but they’re just cost prohibitive and my ranges are 100 yards and in.

God Bless,

Brandon

ETA: Apologies - I meant Bushnell RDS.
    Last edited by BWT; 08-24-2018 at 10:42 AM.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    For me it's a high quality LPV (Nightforce, Vortex Razor, Kahles, Swaro) or the latest revision of Aimpoint.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

What about the Trijicon MRO? I've got to think there's at least a few people running those.

Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    What about the Trijicon MRO? I've got to think there's at least a few people running those.
    Non-starter. Folks running the MRO automatically disqualify themselves as valuable feedback.

Kidding (kind of).
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

My uses for a carbine are minimal since I'm retired and no longer carry one on a regular basis so I like the Aimpoint (Comp M2 in my case). It's what I know, I trust its reliability and until something comes along that is leaps and bounds better, I see no reason to change.

I'm using an Aimpont T-2 on my work gun and a T-1 on my spare. I do this because I can not use any magnified optics, to include a 3x magnifier. When I retire in a couple of years, I'll be swapping out the T-2 for a LVPO.

My son has an MRO on his rifle. Tp be honest, the more I use it, the more impressed I am with the MRO.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Non-starter. Folks running the MRO automatically disqualify themselves as valuable feedback.

Kidding (kind of).
    What do you have against it? I have one on one of my AR's and it's worked fine, but I haven't exactly beat the piss out of it yet.

Site Supporter
    I'm assuming this is a 5.56 AR variant of some kind.

Having been issued/trained on M68 CCO's (Aimpoint CompM4) and ACOG's, while still staying decent with irons - If I was dealing with 'one rifle for everything' I'd go with a free-floated 16 or 18in AR with a top shelf LPV and train from there.

But if it was indoor/door kicking sorts of stuff I'd want a 10.5-14.5" AR (preferably suppressed) and a latest-greatest Aimpoint. If I'm on a convoy out in the sticks or dealing with wide open spaces, I'm delighted to have an old 20in M16 with an ACOG on top.

T2 with 3x magnifier on flip to side mount.
    I can see the trend towards ffp variable optics taking over though.

User Tag List