Thread: Leather speedloader pouch for Safariland Comp-II for GP100

Leather speedloader pouch for Safariland Comp-II for GP100

Howdy,

Can anyone shed some light on which speedloader pouches work well for the Comp-II? Most of them seem geared toward the HKS speedloader, which are not my favorite.

Would be nice if it came in brown leather and fit a 1.75" belt. This is for woodsbumming, so concealability is not an issue.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

The comp II's are similar in size to the HKS, and most (LE duty) speedloader pouches fit either one, absent some fine molding/boning.

ETA:

This appears to be what you're looking for:

https://www.galcogunleather.com/belt..._450_1030.html

In stock:

Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 10-01-2018 at 10:36 AM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    The comp II's are similar in size to the HKS, and most (LE duty) speedloader pouches fit either one, absent some fine molding/boning.

ETA:

Ok. It appears I may be over thinking this. My concern was the COMP-II would sit too low in the pouch and I wouldn't be able to dig it out, but apparently not.

Thanks Chuck.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

The knobs on the Comp I are the smaller ones.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post

ETA:

In stock:

Fwiw those things are incredibly bulky. The safariland ones are better, the JOX even moreso but they are kydex.

I carried Comp IIs for a K-frame in a speed loader holder made for HKS by Bianchi that the belt slides through, almost like the Safariland Split Six but with a little better retention as the leather actually wraps around. I think they were discontinued by Bianchi but sometimes see them pop up as new old stock or used on ebay, gunbroker, etc. For a GP100, one made for a L-frame would probably work. Sometimes you can play with stuff and get it to work. When I was shooting a 629 in IDPA, I used the double split six and Comp I's. They just happened to fit.

Name:  20181004_160441.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  30.4 KBName:  20181004_160356.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  37.1 KB
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 10-04-2018 at 03:17 PM.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    I carried Comp IIs for a K-frame in a speed loader holder made for HKS by Bianchi that the belt slides through, almost like the Safariland Split Six but with a little better retention as the leather actually wraps around. I think they were discontinued by Bianchi but sometimes see them pop up as new old stock or used on ebay, gunbroker, etc. For a GP100, one made for a L-frame would probably work. Sometimes you can play with stuff and get it to work. When I was shooting a 629 in IDPA, I used the double split six and Comp I's. They just happened to fit.
    GP100 = L Frame

They use the same speedloader (6 shot anyway).
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Cool. Thanks y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Fwiw those things are incredibly bulky. The safariland ones are better, the JOX even moreso but they are kydex.
    Yeah.....but he said:

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Would be nice if it came in brown leather and fit a 1.75" belt. This is for woodsbumming, so concealability is not an issue.
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List