Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Dive Watch

My son is home from college received his watch and absolutely loved it. The feature set is pretty impressive.
    I went online to find Paulsons site and lo and behold I found the extras from the crowd funding for sale for $99.00. 😐
    Thats half of what i paid and no wait.
    You cannot beat this deal.
    https://phoenixplazas.com/product/pa...RoCx-sQAvD_BwE
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Look at this Nixon October Diver.

Recently I got myself 2 of this Nixon October watch from eBay, one in all Black the other Red & Black, built like a tank, Swiss Quartz ISA movement under $50
    I don't think you can go wrong at this price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173831195057

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173831212715

Simong.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I briefly charged the super luminova to see what it was like and i have say its very nice. From the online pics i have seen i expected it to be a bit much. Have you had a chance to notice how many hours the glow lasts when fully charged?
    Sorry for the delay in my reply... life happens. At any rate, one of the unfortunate aspects of my life is that I often go to bed quite late and wake up quite early. So after four hours, with night adapted vision, the watch face is still quite bright and readable.

I have noticed that mine seems to be somewhat poorly regulated in that it loses about 1 minute per week or so. I would have expected a little better performance than that based upon my experience with my old Seiko, but I also understand and accept the limitations of mechanical movements. I still prefer it to an iWatch, which everyone else seems to be running around with these days!

Also, I found the Perlon strap to be a bit annoying after a few weeks due to the strap keeper not staying in place. I wound up ordering a Barton Watch Bands high tensile silicone rubber band with integrated quick release pins from Amazon and I much prefer it. The Italian leather band is a non starter for me due to my requirement for water resistance, although I will probably occasionally use it for special occasions. I really do like the quick release pins for this reason.

I do hope that a date window version is offered some day, as I still habitually look at my wrist for the date. I’m almost scared to wear my Seiko any more, since spare parts are apparently hard to come by these days. Eventually I’ll switch over to my father’s Rolex, but I’m not there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by LJP View Post

I do hope that a date window version is offered some day,
    I think if they offer another one I’ll just wait and see if its offered at the phoenix site linked above.

I think if they offer another one I’ll just wait and see if its offered at the phoenix site linked above.
    Belay that. Looks like a possibility it is a scam site.

Site Supporter
    Belay that. Looks like a possibility it is a scam site.
    Good to know... I was seriously considering dropping the $100 just to see what it was like.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Good to know... I was seriously considering dropping the $100 just to see what it was like.
    I’m glad you didn’t. At the introductory price I think it was worth it. My Son is very pleased with his. He may not have taken it off since he got it. He has other watches and prior to this his favorite has been his Hamilton Khaki.
    Perhaps if you contact them (Paulson)you could negotiate a better price.

Quote Originally Posted by unk View Post
    i’m glad you didn’t. At the introductory price i think it was worth it. My son is very pleased with his. He may not have taken it off since he got it. He has other watches and prior to this his favorite has been his hamilton khaki.
    Perhaps if you contact them (paulson)you could negotiate a better price.
    eta i don’t know for a fact it is a scam but at this point i wouldn’t order from phoenix plazas

Got few "dive" watches

What do you guys know about Glycine Combat Sub Aquarius

Here you go...Name:  IMG_5986.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  33.4 KBName:  IMG_5987.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  57.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Simong View Post
    What do you guys know about Glycine Combat Sub Aquarius

Here you go...Name:  IMG_5986.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  33.4 KBName:  IMG_5987.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  57.5 KB
    Not a watch expert but after viewing that photo either a) Its a really huge watch or b) you have tiny wrists.
    Last edited by UNK; 06-08-2019 at 03:52 AM.

User Tag List