Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dive Watch

Dive Watch

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/p...h/x/19397383#/

Looks like a lot of watch for the money to me particulary if you are one of the first 50 which I am.
    Last edited by UNK; 10-01-2018 at 08:01 AM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

They have updated mock ups with changes to the hands and littature.
    This is a lot of watch at this price point.
    Titanium case
    Curved lugs
    Sapphire w anti reflective coating
    Gradient dial
    Swiss Super luminova blue
    Ceramic bezel w Lume
    Miyota 9015 automatic w hand wind and hack 42 hour power reserve
    Italian leather and perlon strap
    2 year warranty

I think the other great thing about this watch are the dimensions. In a world of super chunky dive watches this is 40mm and 10.7mm thick. Throw in the curved lugs it will look great on any size wrist and will easily allow a dress shirt cuff to slide over.
    Also a 20mm strap which makes additional straps and bracelets easy to come by.
    Last edited by UNK; 10-05-2018 at 11:16 AM.

Site Supporter
    Fully concur that this is a ton of watch for the money.

On a related note, I have been subscribing to Worn and Wound as well as Houdinkees. Both have great articles on a variety of watches and watch related things. WW has 400 + reviews ranging from a 70 Seiko to a 5000 Bremont with a lot of less well known Swiss/German watches and micro brands thrown in, many of which in the w 200-2000 range.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Fully concur that this is a ton of watch for the money.

On a related note, I have been subscribing to Worn and Wound as well as Houdinkees. Both have great articles on a variety of watches and watch related things. WW has 400 + reviews ranging from a 70 Seiko to a 5000 Bremont with a lot of less well known Swiss/German watches and micro brands thrown in, many of which in the w 200-2000 range.
    Great references. I don't dig into the watch world info normally unless I am looking for a watch but I'll add those references to my list. I have been looking for probably two months within very specific requirements new and used and this is the first watch I have found that hit all my points including price plus its titanium and two straps. I hope the campaign succeeds.
    Last edited by UNK; 10-05-2018 at 11:13 AM.

Only two left at the $199 price point. The website says three but it was to the first 50 backers and 48 have been funded.
    Last edited by UNK; 10-05-2018 at 11:50 AM.

The aesthetic is highly influenced by the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms and that's not a bad thing.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

That's a nice watch for less than a Seiko 007, but I'm unsure if there's any established company there if something isn't as expected. And being a snob for a minute, 100m isn't a dive watch.

Site Supporter
    If I wasn't squirreling away cash for an Oris Aquis Date I'd be all over this. I've already been sidetracked once by a vintage Omega bumper.

With 40 meters the max recommended depth for recreational diving it's really irrelevant. You can probably have the movement replaced for less than it would cost for service on an ETA 2892.
    The Seikos are on sale at Long Island Watch for $207. Feature wise it can't compete.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    That's a nice watch for less than a Seiko 007, but I'm unsure if there's any established company there if something isn't as expected. And being a snob for a minute, 100m isn't a dive watch.
    Last edited by UNK; 10-06-2018 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    Pretty irrelevant since dive watches are in the same class as wall mounted telephones.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List