Thread: LMT 37MM M203 At Brownell's- Another Useless Accessory I Don't Need!

LMT 37MM M203 At Brownell's- Another Useless Accessory I Don't Need!

Quite possibly the most impractical accessory, the LMT 37mm M203 flare launcher has to be one of the coolest. I can't think of any practical reason to justify purchasing one, especially at $1600. But the first thought to pop into my mind when I saw this, is that it would look awesome on my "US Property" M4 SOCOM. They claim that except for the barrel having a smooth 37mm bore, it's an exact copy of the 40mm M203.

https://www.brownells.com/shooting-a...rod118458.aspx

MAC has released a video of the LMT 37mm M203 mounted to the Brownell's XBRN16E1 Retro AR

For $1600, it's a bit rich for my blood. At least that's what I told the wife. However, there is a part of me thinking the 37mm M203 and a box full of fireworks rounds would be a really cool way to celebrate the 4th of July!

Think it can be used with the KAC M4 quad rail?
    Last edited by MistWolf; 09-30-2018 at 10:20 PM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Quite possibly the most impractical accessory, the LMT 37mm M203 flare launcher has to be one of the coolest. I can't think of any practical reason to justify purchasing one, especially at $1600. But the first thought to pop into my mind when I saw this, is that it would look awesome on my "US Property" M4 SOCOM. They claim that except for the barrel having a smooth 37mm bore, it's an exact copy of the 40mm M203.

https://www.brownells.com/shooting-a...rod118458.aspx

MAC has released a video of the LMT 37mm M203 mounted to the Brownell's XBRN16E1 Retro AR

For $1600, it's a bit rich for my blood. At least that's what I told the wife. However, there is a part of me thinking the 37mm M203 and a box full of fireworks rounds would be a really cool way to celebrate the 4th of July!

Wow that is more than the LMT 40mm I looked at ten years ago.

I was never in the military and never had to hump an M203, thankfully. But the several times I've shot one, I was very much not a fan, might be a different story if folks were shooting at me. Sure looks cool as heck though.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I was all excited...when I recently found an M79 for sale. Thought it might be my lucky day, but...it was $13k and change. Decided I didn’t exactly *need* an M79....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If you're talking M4/M5 RAS then, yup, it can. The origianl RAS was built to allow just that and there's several photos floating around of that combination. It'd be one heavy beast, but fun.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Site Supporter
    Having been issued an M16A2 with an M203 attached (yes, lots of "SAY HELLO TO MAH LIL FRIEEEND" jokes were made) it's a terrible combo with a plate carrier/modern gear involved with an A2 length stock. At least, the shortest dude we had that actually could *use* the 203's ladder sight in an IBA was around 6'2".
    On an M4 it's actually much easier to use though it does kick a good bit more. As nostalgic as I am for one, I was tempted to buy a registered DD (M203's can be found in the $1400-2k range as registered DD's) but the ATF's recent and nebulous ruling on 40mm chalk rounds as being 'explosives' in 2015 put the brakes on that. No change to that last I heard, leaving 40mm owners are pretty much boned.

All of the 37mm flare launching lookalikes of real grenade launchers just feel lackluster, at least, I haven't seen any 37mm ammo that was exciting enough to make me want a 37mm.

If by chance one of you guys do actually buy one of these toys and need help or have any questions, i am a Colt M203 armorer. Went back to the Colt Mothership a few(sheesh its been 10 years now) years back.

I have wired up just a couple over the course of time.

That's some cool stuff you got there!
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    If by chance one of you guys do actually buy one of these toys and need help or have any questions, i am a Colt M203 armorer. Went back to the Colt Mothership a few(sheesh its been 10 years now) years back.

I have wired up just a couple over the course of time.

All golf courses should be made into shooting ranges and all golf carts should be used for this. As president, I vow to do everything in my power to make that happen. #Bigghoss2020
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List