Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Alien Pistol from Laugo Arms

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I believe that's only for the IPSC version of Carry Optics, and you'd be able to run a "normal" Alien in IPSC Open without a problem. USPSA Carry Optics is essentially the same; the rules say the optic must be mounted to the slide, not the frame. It could be reasonably argued that since the Alien's top strap does not reciprocate, it's actually a part of the frame, not the slide.
    Exactly. "production optics" in IPSC is like "carry optics" in USPSA.

I am interested in this gun from the novelty standpoint but I am afraid it is going nowhere. Starting a competition oriented project in the US with a 500 units release, without guaranteeing at least 2000, is not a smart idea. That IPSC complaint solution looks terrible. If they cant appeal IPSC decision, or get USPSA approval for production/co as is, they will stay a collector's item.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Agree that if you ain't got carry optics, you ain't got a product.
    Too bad, I am clinging to my iron sights.

I wonder what the standard model price will be when and if they get through the first run "Signatures."
    Hey, 2020 Corvette No 1 sold for about 4X list.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Hey, 2020 Corvette No 1 sold for about 4X list.
    Didn’t that sell for $3M?

It seems like this design is not optimized for any particular rule set/division. In addition, the price puts in a category with the 7.5 Brno- cool but totally pointless.

Having said that, it (in principle at least) could be a significant step forward in red dot implementation and durability. One of the big challenges for red dots on pistols vs rifles is the g-load they see on a reciprocating slide. Another is it’s harder to track the dot during slide cycling. Traditionally solutions have been either Open style mounting or the 6 second mount- neither of which are very graceful or holster friendly. Perhaps with further product development towards service-oriented style/price point will bring more wide spread implementation.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

I like it! I'm just not sure I like it enough to own it at $5K.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Wait... IPSC demands the red dot be on the reciprocating portion? That's, pardon my french, fucking retarded. One of the benefits of the Alien is that you DON'T have to have your sights moving around like that.
    It would help to understand the sport before taking a crap all over it.

Y'know, with some straight-forward modifications one could mount a PEQ or DBAL to that rail and have a hell of a troll gun.

Note to self, get that J-Frame topstrap milled so an ACRO can clamp directly onto it...
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    It would help to understand the sport before taking a crap all over it.
    Technically, i'm crapping on everything/everyone involved.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List