Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alien Pistol from Laugo Arms

Alien, huh?

(jokes aside, Laugo brought us the original Scorpion Evo 3 design, so I'm very curious to see where this goes)

Vending Machine Operator
    I remember a Tom Jones response when I was being snarky about a new design a year or two ago and it made me re-think. Even if parts of it give me doubts or make me want to scoff, it's continued innovation, and that's always great for us. It brings us better and better guns. They scoffed at aircraft carriers overtaking battleships, too.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    2.47 pounds empty. Heavy is good.

Name:  411405-boris_the_blade_super.jpg
Views: 1118
Size:  11.6 KB

While I think this particular pistol will be the subject of a future episode of Forgotten Weapons, the fixed platform for the RDS is something I hope gets adopted by mainstream manufacturers.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Interesting. It saddens me you have to pull the trigger to take it apart though. We'll have to call it the Alien Hole when the proper time comes.
    Still, I'm intrigued to find out how it shoots. It's just weird enough that it could make it on to my "aw, fuck... let's buy it" list.
    (yea, I'm pretty much at that point in my gun buying history. )
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I’m actually kind of excited about this, and think a $2k+ price is a great sign. The build quality looks very good, and will have to be to justify the cost.

Maybe we will finally move beyond the 1911/2011 design that is so unreliable, finicky, and unjustifiably expensive. Can you tell how much I like 1911s [emoji3]?

I probably won’t be an early adopter, but... tempted.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

It seems truly innovative, but so did the Hudson H9 and that one hasn't quite worked out yet. The non-reciprocating sights/optic is definitely the most intriguing aspect of it.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Interesting. It saddens me you have to pull the trigger to take it apart though. We'll have to call it the Alien Hole when the proper time comes.
    I vote we call it the "legburster" just so we can keep all our alien jokes in the same bucket.

EDIT: Actually, since I have Photoshop open and a few minutes to kill...

Name:  chestburster.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  32.5 KB
    Last edited by einherjarvalk; 10-01-2018 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Yeah, the HK P7 is super cool and all, but there's that whole thing about how if you fire more than a mag or two, the thing gets too hot to hold on to. I'll be interested to know what sort of solution they found for that issue. Gas piston in the top rail section so it's away from your hand, maybe?
    Hk pressed the barrel into the frame and the gas piston chamber was actually part of the frame directly above the trigger. It was about as worse case scenario as possible regarding heat transfer to that location. I never found it too much of a problem with my own P7. The only possible time that it might come up would be in some pistol courses.

The Alien seems to better set up not to transfer as much heat. The piston chamber is part of the barrel opposite the trigger and, while the barrel does not move as part of the cycle of operations, it is not hard mounted as part of the frame assembly.

I'm sure Tom is already working on an Alien Gadget.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

User Tag List