Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Alien Pistol from Laugo Arms

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    It does look awesome, but not clear if it will pass Carry Optics rules. Optic must ride on slide. And is action SA only? If so, not Production either.
    Get a comp. for it, load up some 9mm paraboomum and.....Open Gun.

ETA: website shows they have a factory available “open division” set up with comp.

3rd edit to delete a bunch of info that had been covered because I didn’t R-RTFT.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 08-06-2019 at 09:55 PM.

Alien Pistol from Laugo Arms

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Get a comp. for it, load up some 9mm paraboomum and.....Open Gun.
    Actually that’s the only way I’d do Open. I have zero patience for 2011s that cost $5k, require constant gunsmithing, and still don’t work.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 08-06-2019 at 09:54 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

The Laugo Alien is already on the IPSC Production list and is therefore automatically qualified for IPSC Carry Optic.
    Maybe when they actually make it to America...
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Two words: Glock Killa

Seriously.

Ok, actually serious.

Everything about this gun looks good except the price tag.
    A71593

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    The Laugo Alien is already on the IPSC Production list and is therefore automatically qualified for IPSC Carry Optic.
    I don't think that's the case.

I remember reading a thread somewhere on the Brian Enos forums stating that a ruling had come down removing the pistol from Carry Optics division.

I believe Laugo was contesting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Actually that’s the only way I’d do Open. I have zero patience for 2011s that cost $5k, require constant gunsmithing, and still don’t work.
    I’m glad I got one for half that and pretty much don’t do any more maintenance than a Glock or Beretta. At 70K I did do a new barrel, for accuracy and cheaper (free) 9mm brass.

ETA: I can’t imagine an open Glock, Beretta, CZ lasting this long, especially considering most of the round count was at 180 PF (back when 175 was minimum for major).
    Last edited by Bucky; 08-07-2019 at 06:15 AM.

Nope , it got removed from Production Optics because of exactly that.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

From IPSC rules:
    Below is a list of the April/May/June 2019 additions to the list of pistols currently approved for Production Division.

LAUGO ARMS Alien

ETA: I found the cite. Seems that it is disallowed because the top rail doesn't move and does not constitute a slide for purposes of attaching a carry optic.
    Lots of hoo hah from IPSC and Laugo.
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...etback-optics/
    Last edited by Jim Watson; 08-07-2019 at 08:43 AM.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Exactly what? You are in a real IPSC region, tell me what I have wrong:

From IPSC rules:
    Below is a list of the April/May/June 2019 additions to the list of pistols currently approved for Production Division.

LAUGO ARMS Alien

and

14. Only handguns listed as approved in the Production Division List on the IPSC website and fitted with an
    optical/electronic sight may be used in Production Optics or Production Optics Light Divisions.

The exactly is the fact that the optic isn't slide mounted. Dude at a major match in Europe (the Infinity Open) recently got bumped to open because the optic on an alien is not mounted on the slide as required in PO and POL. If they can find a way to mount an optic on the slide of the gun it will be PO legal, but not on the topstrap section where they go currently.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Perhaps it's time for a rule change to simply require that the optic is fixed to the pistol above the centerline of the barrel? In the big picture, that keeps out what they don't want, while allowing for advancements in design. (I understand that at the current time, a bunch of people don't want the Aliens, either, but you know what I mean.)

User Tag List