Thread: NY1 trigger question

Site Supporter

NY1 trigger question

I have a NY1 trigger in both my G17 and G26 and both guns have been perfectly reliable with the triggers.

When I reassemble the guns it is now more difficult to put the slide back on. It feels like the slide is catching on something when I pull it back on it. It's not super hard to put on but it's a different feel than what was before. This happens when I am pulling back on the slide to "lock it back in place" (not sure what the proper terminology would be).

Also the same happens in another scenario. If I dry fire the gun and push the trigger forward, the slide again becomes more difficult to rack than normal.

Please let me know if I need to provide further clarity of what I am trying to say.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I have a NY1 trigger in both my G17 and G26 and both guns have been perfectly reliable with the triggers.

When I reassemble the guns it is now more difficult to put the slide back on. It feels like the slide is catching on something when I pull it back on it. It's not super hard to put on but it's a different feel than what was before. This happens when I am pulling back on the slide to "lock it back in place" (not sure what the proper terminology would be).

Also the same happens in another scenario. If I dry fire the gun and push the trigger forward, the slide again becomes more difficult to rack than normal.

Please let me know if I need to provide further clarity of what I am trying to say.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Hi Newbie,

I've been using a NY1/- in a G19.2, G19.4 and G26.4 for some time. I have noticed the same thing and attributed it to the NY1 putting upward pressure on the cruciform when the trigger is in the forward position. This causes some interference with the rear of the firing pin as the slide is pulled rearward. If I remember right it's more pronounced on my gen 4 guns. I just make sure the trigger is pulled fully to the rear when I reassemble.

Here's a couple of pics of my gen 2 with the trigger in the most forward and rearward positions. The cruciform rests higher when the trigger is in the forward position.

Trigger forward:

Name:  forward4.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  23.4 KB

Trigger rearward:

Name:  Rearward4.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  22.6 KB

ETA: Since this is 'Ask the Armorer' I should clarify: I'm not an experienced armorer. I've taken the Glock armorer's class and am comfortable detail stripping but I'm not an experienced/practicing armorer.
    Last edited by Francis; 09-30-2018 at 07:24 AM. Reason: clarification

Site Supporter
    Same symptoms here with my G19.3. I've put nearly 2k rounds through the gun since changing to the NY1 spring. The gun has never malfunctioned nor has anything changed, so I too assume it's just how it is.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Thank you both so much. My Glocks are Gen 4s.

This makes me feel better. My Glocks always worked fine, but it felt like a speed bump when reassembling.

PensFan
    Make sure the spring is installed correctly.

It’s not unusual to have to pull the trigger again when disassembling as the trigger often moves forward when you release the slide lock. More so with the NY2 spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
    Make sure the spring is installed correctly.

It’s not unusual to have to pull the trigger again when disassembling as the trigger often moves forward when you release the slide lock. More so with the NY2 spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had it installed by a Glock armorer.

What should I look at to make sure it's correct ?

Thank you.

Site Supporter
    Without removing the trigger/trigger bar assembly from the pistol I don't believe there is a way to tell if it's installed correctly.

If you remove them, the bottom of the trigger housing should have olive tab protruding like this:

Name:  IMAG1637.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  24.6 KB

Removing the trigger bar, NY 1 installed in the housing:

Name:  IMAG1638.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  67.6 KB

If you pop the spring out, when installed correctly, you'll note the curve of the spring follows the curve of the housing:

Name:  IMAG1642.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  35.1 KB

Note from the Armorer's Manual:

"When installing New York trigger springs, make sure the connector fights tightly in the trigger mechanism housing. If it does not fit tightly, replace the housing and/or the connector to ensure a secure fit.
    Last edited by mark7; 09-30-2018 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Added Note

Gents,

Not at all trying to hijack the thread. Just figured it was a decent place to ask. I'm having similar issues with a Gen 3 G19. When dry firing and racking the slide, sometimes the slide doesn't return all the way. It sometimes gets stuck about 1/3ish of the way back. I've swapped out trigger springs, tried different slides on it (and confirmed the one on it works), etc. Tried to eliminate as many variables as possible. It appears to be something going on with the frame, but can't seem to find what exactly it is. I purchased it on Gunbroker but haven't shot it yet. If I pull the slide all the way to the rear and release it, itll go all the way forward. Just strange lol. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Kirk; 10-02-2018 at 10:37 PM.

User Tag List