Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Opinions on transferable select fire options

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Oh, an airplane is the other option? Hell yeah, dump the gun and get the plane. My buddy has a Cirrus SR22. It is nice! It has a turbo, touchscreen controls, luxury car-like leather seats, and AC. I think it even has airbags and its own parachute! If you think a MG is a money suck (convert money into smoke/noise); a plane is a black hole. Just hearing about costs for hanger, maintenance, fuel, licensing, etc made me a little queasy....but it is so fucking cool.

A plane may be a black hole, but I can *fly* in said black hole.

I haven’t flown in almost six years due to various things. My ex-girlfriend and I recently reestablished contact - she’s doing pretty well for herself in the aviation world (which she got into, in part due to me). Kinda motivates me to try to get back into that world.

And, with an experimental...? It’s not that expensive... I mean, the initial cost/time investment is pretty steep, BUT, maintain cost is minimal. And with the Kitfox, it’s a whole lot easier to store due to folding wings, which translates to substantially lesser hanger fees...and STOL capability...
    Last edited by Dan_S; 10-03-2018 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    A plane may be a black hole, but I can *fly* in said black hole.

I haven’t flown in almost six years due to various things. My ex-girlfriend and I recently reestablished contact - she’s doing pretty well for herself in the aviation world (which she got into, in part due to me). Kinda motivates me to try to get back into that world.

And, with an experimental...? It’s not that expensive... I mean, the initial cost/time investment is pretty steep, BUT, maintain cost is minimal. And with the Kitfox, it’s a whole lot easier to store due to folding wings, which translates to substantially lesser hanger fees...and STOL capability...
    I think you've got your answer: you have the passion, knowledge, financial means/grasp and an airplane is way more practical than a MG. So what are you waiting for?

I don’t quite have the cash to drop yet - it’ll take another six/eight months I think to get there, if all goes well.

Having said that, it’s a goal to work for.

Name:  1E36DE51-823E-4E81-B8EE-17A79737CF74.jpeg
Views: 176
Size:  57.8 KB

And looking at that photo, that’s a lot more ‘me’ than an MG....

Is it legal to mount a machinegun on a plane?

Because if so, that opens up a whole 'nother realm of cool...
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I don’t know of any regulation that would prohibit one from doing so, other than simply limiting what fields you could land at.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Is it legal to mount a machinegun on a plane?

Because if so, that opens up a whole 'nother realm of cool...
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that Mike Dillon did this with one of his personal planes, and used it to strafe targets on land he owned in Arizona. But it took a lot of work to get the proper FAA signoffs for exemptions to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that Mike Dillon did this with one of his personal planes, and used it to strafe targets on land he owned in Arizona. But it took a lot of work to get the proper FAA signoffs for exemptions to do so.
    Door mounted in a heli, if I remember from a few yootoobs.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List