Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Case metals

I highly suggest sticking with large primered brass — I like S&B — and hoarding it. If you plan to wear that LB out you’ll need to reload, and aluminum and steel cases have no second life.

Quote Originally Posted by glockeexe View Post
    Just started shooting pistols,Les Baer,Custom Carry,.45 acp,wanted to buy in bulk for practice,was wandering if steel and aluminum cases were ok for practice.They seem to be less expensive,if not where would you suggest going to get bulk ammo.Thanks
    I have been very happy with S&B .45ACP from sgammo.com. It seems equal or better to any US manufactured budget .45. Big fan of S&B overall.

I have only shot aluminum cased ammunition in 9mm (Federal Champion) and I have had no issues. Steel ammo has been hit or miss in my 9mm pistols. Wolf polycase required careful loading in my Storm mags as it tended to stick to the mag walls, otherwise it seemed fine. Wolf miltary classic 9mm was so weak it wouldn't lock back the slide on any pistol I tried it in.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Are extractors expensive? Is the steel on an extractor harder than steel and aluminum cased ammo?
    #RESIST

User Tag List