Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Glock Gen 3 versus Gen 4 triggers

Pistolero
    Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    It's talking about the bend where the spring attaches, not the bend "UP" that touches the striker. That's a big difference. Yes, there is a new spring attachment point. It has a larger hole and a guide for the spring, both are supposed to increase spring life. The Gen3 bars have the larger hole too.
    Yes. Now that I've taken the time to read the thread I see where it describes the bend in the tail, and not the sear tab, as being different. I've, also, noted that the Gen4 connectors now sit at a more inclined angle that, along with the bump on the FP safety cam, is reported to increase the cumulative trigger pull. I've looked at quite a few pictures of Gen3 and Gen4 sear plates, too. You may be right. I don't see any increased angle on the sear tab at all. Right now I don't know where I got that information from. Possibly I stand corrected. If so, thanks!

Is there any indication that a Gen 4 stock trigger will smooth a bit with heavy use/time or is manual intervention the only course of action?
    I don't mind the pull weight for carry, and I don't lose any sleep over it, but I have noticed the difference from gen2/3 guns I've fired.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    Is there any indication that a Gen 4 stock trigger will smooth a bit with heavy use/time or is manual intervention the only course of action?
    I don't mind the pull weight for carry, and I don't lose any sleep over it, but I have noticed the difference from gen2/3 guns I've fired.
    Smooth out or lighten? I have not noticed a rougher Gen 4 pull, just heavier for any connector than a Gen 3.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Smooth out or lighten? I have not noticed a rougher Gen 4 pull, just heavier for any connector than a Gen 3.
    Sorry, bad terminology on my part. Lighten is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    Sorry, bad terminology on my part. Lighten is correct.
    I haven't noticed any lightening of the pull for volume of firing. Connector time!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List