Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen 3 versus Gen 4 triggers

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    JV, I tried the Ghost Connector, from TLG, and I wasn't crazy about the feel at the time. May have to put it back in and try it again.

Would installing a no-adjustment Glockworx fulcrum trigger, Vanek Custom, or other option in a Gen 4 get you more of a good Gen 3 trigger or compromise reliability?

I have fired 27,000 flawless rounds from a G4 G17 with a Vanek trigger. The Vanek trigger works great in a G3 or G4 Glock.

Is that a carry gun/trigger, and if so, about what weight pull? Which model Vanek is this?

Any opinions on the GlockTrigger Guardian?

Is that a carry gun/trigger, and if so, about what weight pull? Which model Vanek is this?

Any opinions on the GlockTrigger Guardian?
    I put a Vanek Classic in a Gen 4 17 briefly for games. It's very light with all of the installed springs, probably just south of 3 lbs.

I wouldn't remotely put the full trigger in a carry gun, both because it's too light (for me) and because eventually you're likely to get a few light strikes if you stick with the stock striker and the lightened strikers aren't as reliable. If you change out the striker spring regularly and use Federal primers, you can get good reliability, but you are at the hairy edge.
    Last edited by mizer67; 03-03-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Banned
    I just bought a g26 gen3 and I can tell a difference in the trigger from my G23 gen3. I put a new connector in my 23 and it makes abetter tigger but the 26 has a fine trigger with out the changes but I found this on you-tube and have posted it before so itf it looks like you have seen it; you might have

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    I found this on you-tube and have posted it before
    I'll take this opportunity to repost my reply to that video:

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Rather than remove the dimple on the trigger bar, just lube the points where it rides on the slide, I used slide glide. I have not found that dimple to make a big difference in the trigger pull. What is different, that makes most of the difference in the trigger feel, is the connector angle in the housing.

Also, if you're going to measure the trigger pull weight, you should measure it while pulling the trigger straight back, and make sure you keep using the same point on the trigger. It needs to be consistent, or you can get large variations in the pull weight.

Banned
    Rather than remove the dimple on the trigger bar, just lube the points where it rides on the slide, I used slide glide. I have not found that dimple to make a big difference in the trigger pull. What is different, that makes most of the difference in the trigger feel, is the connector angle in the housing.
    I have posted a video showing proof of a difference; he does show the difference with a hand held scale and I do agree with you that the connector does make a difference in earlier models but so do changing springs

The mechanical side of me says no matter how much you grease something it still drags. when you are talking about ½ lb increments they do add up to equal drag.

That dimple does nothing but direct the bar across the button but it drags on the inside of the slide. My g26 gen3 has the same slide without the dimple and has a smooth trigger (sorry no trigger scale at this time) so it makes me wonder BUT if you have proof please post it

As an experiment, I just ordered the Guardian non-adjustable carry trigger for my Gen 4 G17 from Jeff at GlockTriggers.com. After discussing what I was looking for, a 4.5-5 pound trigger, with the characteristics of a good broken in Gen 3 Glock 17 trigger, he suggested that I get the Guardian trigger package with a Gen 3 trigger bar. I intend to drop the kit into a non-carry Gen 4 G17, and experiment with both the trigger characteristics and reliability, before proceeding. Jeff made a point of saying that for reliability reasons he would never use a non-Glock connector in a carry pistol.

I picked up my Gen4 23 today and with the factory installed "." connector, the trigger pull was quite good, but you could still feel the dimple dragging. I installed a Gen3 smooth trigger w/o the dimple and the trigger pull felt much much better. Lighter in weight and no more dragging.

Banned
    one thing that might help too is replacing the trigger spring (the little one in the rear) from 5 to 6 lbs which will lower the trigger pull by a half lb

As an experiment, I just ordered the Guardian non-adjustable carry trigger for my Gen 4 G17 from Jeff at GlockTriggers.com. After discussing what I was looking for, a 4.5-5 pound trigger, with the characteristics of a good broken in Gen 3 Glock 17 trigger, he suggested that I get the Guardian trigger package with a Gen 3 trigger bar. I intend to drop the kit into a non-carry Gen 4 G17, and experiment with both the trigger characteristics and reliability, before proceeding. Jeff made a point of saying that for reliability reasons he would never use a non-Glock connector in a carry pistol.
    I have installed several of Jeff's triggers and none of them had an OEM Glock connector and all have been reliable.

User Tag List