Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen 3 versus Gen 4 triggers

Glock Gen 3 versus Gen 4 triggers

I have noticed that each of my wife's Gen 3 triggers (stock or LW - connector) feel noticeably better than my Gen 4 triggers (stock, except a LW - connector). Assuming our experience is typical, is that just the way it is, or is there something that can be done to bring Gen 4 triggers to Gen 3 pull characteristics?

Site Supporter
    The connector sits in the housing at a slightly different angle, it produces a different (heavier) pull. I used a Ghost 3.5# connector in my Gen4 19s, it produced a trigger weight of about 5#.

does replacing the trigger with trigger bar from a gen3 change anything? i'm looking to put a flat trigger on my gen4 g19 and wasnt sure if the dot on the gen4 makes a difference.

Site Supporter
    It doesn't make that big of a difference.

-Sent using Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by turbolag23 View Post
    does replacing the trigger with trigger bar from a gen3 change anything? i'm looking to put a flat trigger on my gen4 g19 and wasnt sure if the dot on the gen4 makes a difference.
    If you are referring to the . connector the trigger pull is about 8oz. lighter than a 5.5# connector and about 8oz. heavier than a 4.5# connector.
    What are you referring to when you say you are going to put a flat trigger on your G19?
    Sounds like a 1911 trigger.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    What are you referring to when you say you are going to put a flat trigger on your G19?
    The compact & subcompact Glocks have a stepped/serrated trigger face and the full size guns have a flat faced trigger. It was done because of BATF import points.

The trigger bars differ between Gen3 and Gen4 guns in one little area, the point that depresses the striker safety. The Gen4 guns have a dimple on it to prevent deflection. It adds a little bit of friction to the trigger mechanism, but I don't find it noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    If you are referring to the . connector the trigger pull is about 8oz. lighter than a 5.5# connector and about 8oz. heavier than a 4.5# connector.
    Sounds like a 1911 trigger.
    Im assuming he's referring to the fact that G19s come with the ridged "target" trigger (because of ATF importation points as I've always understood it) and many like to replace with the smooth face trigger from a G17.

EDIT: oops, JV beat me to it.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    The compact & subcompact Glocks have a stepped/serrated trigger face and the full size guns have a flat faced trigger. It was done because of BATF import points.

The trigger bars differ between Gen3 and Gen4 guns in one little area, the point that depresses the striker safety. The Gen4 guns have a dimple on it to prevent deflection. It adds a little bit of friction to the trigger mechanism, but I don't find it noticeable.

I am familiar with Glocks I have just never heard of anyone referring to any Glock trigger as a flat trigger.

JV, I tried the Ghost Connector, from TLG, and I wasn't crazy about the feel at the time. May have to put it back in and try it again.

Would installing a no-adjustment Glockworx fulcrum trigger, Vanek Custom, or other option in a Gen 4 get you more of a good Gen 3 trigger or compromise reliability?
    Last edited by GJM; 03-02-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Vanek

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Would installing a no-adjustment Glockworx fulcrum trigger, Vanek Custom, or other option in a Gen 4 get you more of a good Gen 3 trigger or compromise reliability?
    Sorry, but I can't help. While I really wanted one, I never ponied up the money to try one for a high number of rounds. $125 for a trigger assembly crosses my threshold, I'll change my trigger habits to fit the gun rather than make the gun fit me.

User Tag List