Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sosby Blades Cub-EDC Defensive Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Not cheap and Bladerigs seems to have gone dark, not sure if they're still open. Not sure if anyone else is making that style sheath, which I consider the best.
    He posted on Instagram that orders will start being accepted again in May. I have a few things that I want to send in. His sheath is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Not cheap and Bladerigs seems to have gone dark, not sure if they're still open. Not sure if anyone else is making that style sheath, which I consider the best.
    well that explains a lot.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post

If you are into purpose built, EDC/Defensive, quality knives then check out Sosby. I hope to one day snag a Spike from them as well as a Scrap Raptor.
    I saw you recently sold a scrap raptor and I am curious why that blade didn’t work out for you.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Whats the cost on sheaths like that? Also Ive noticed he has sheaths that are sewn or riveted. Do you know why the two options and why did you go with rivets?
    Have you tried a Cub pocket carry and if so what sheath would you prefer for pocket carry?
    I want to say that at the time I ordered mine, they were in the ballpark $100-$150 each. I can't honestly remember. Also the only option at the time was rivets. You could select black or brass finished rivets but I don't recall sewn as being available.

As far as pocket carry goes, this is not a blade I would want to do that with. The handle is what initially drew me to it. The fact that it is large, with a wide pommel swell, and can easily drawn with either hand in any orientation. It excels when carried in the waistband or mounted somewhere where you can take advantage of that large grip during the draw.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    I want to say that at the time I ordered mine, they were in the ballpark $100-$150 each. I can't honestly remember. Also the only option at the time was rivets. You could select black or brass finished rivets but I don't recall sewn as being available.

As far as pocket carry goes, this is not a blade I would want to do that with. The handle is what initially drew me to it. The fact that it is large, with a wide pommel swell, and can easily drawn with either hand in any orientation. It excels when carried in the waistband or mounted somewhere where you can take advantage of that large grip during the draw.
    I wanna say I paid around $150 for sheaths for a live blade and trainer.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I saw you recently sold a scrap raptor and I am curious why that blade didn’t work out for you.
    It was just a small blade with a different philosophy of use than anything else I own. I literally bought it on impulse when ordering another blade from Sosby and saw they were available.

The Scrap Raptor was very slim and compact and fit well in a front pocket. I just prefer other styles of blades. I have a couple of Vicotrinox fruit knives that I will pocket carry occasionally or will practice with.

Libre Knife Fighting has been doing free online training lessons through Instagram lately for anyone interested. Their philosophy is much more inclined to blades like the Scrap Raptor.

Site Supporter
    New sheaths.
    Name:  20200921_131725.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  41.3 KB

Darwin Concealment, very nice!

User Tag List