Thread: S&W 327 PC Snub Dovetailed Front Sight Replacements?

S&W 327 PC Snub Dovetailed Front Sight Replacements?

Anyone know if the sights on the S&W 327 perf center N-frame snub are (relatively) easily replaceable? They appear to to be dovetailed in. Is this a standard or a S&W one-off for this revolver?

This guy:

Name:  26378_5.jpg
Views: 1393
Size:  17.3 KB

I've heard that the sight and dovetail is unique to this one gun and I don't know of any aftermarket sights. I think holsters are equally sparse with only 2 available. It's the problem with buying a less mainstream gun. I suppose a gunsmith could adapt another sight. Good luck!

I love the front sight on these guns; so very practical in a wide range of environments. Most front sights have become useless to my aging eyes, but I really like this front sight. Of course, it may not suit everyone, but don’t knock it ‘til you try it.

Edited to add: This front sight is what convinced me to finally buy my first keyhole S&W revolver. It is THAT good.
    Last edited by Rex G; 10-19-2018 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I love the front sight on these guns; so very practical in a wide range of environments. Most front sights have become useless to my aging eyes, but I really like this front sight. Of course, it may not suit everyone, but don’t knock it ‘til you try it.

Edited to add: This front sight is what convinced me to finally buy my first keyhole S&W revolver. It is THAT good.
    Very late reply. I was waiting to get this gun back from TK Customs for an action job, hammer and trigger replacement, etc. before I said anything else. I agree with you that the sights are actually much better than I expected in practical use. I was just shooting a couple boxes of Federal Match wadcutters today after getting it back and my overall accuracy at least out to 15 yards was as good as with any gun I have shot. Really amazing on the gun overall. Very happy with the purchase and the work Eli at TK did. I will say though I would be interested in narrowing the front blade a bit and adding a color other than black to the rear, as I can lose it easily depending on the background.
    Last edited by Speederlander; 12-24-2018 at 05:34 PM.

User Tag List