Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: .500 S&W lever-action rifle

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I suggest caution with guns that beat up one’s shoulder. I have read about detached retinas being more common in people who regularly shoot guns that beat up their shoulders.
    I'll take the risk.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    No need to wait. This is right up your alley.

https://www.tcarms.com/firearms/inte...unter-katahdin
    I'll wait. I want a Henry.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Cool, but I'd still rather a .460 S&W, though I'm told it would need a BLR action in order to handle the power.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Cool, but I'd still rather a .460 S&W, though I'm told it would need a BLR action in order to handle the power.
    You mean this one?

http://www.bighornarmory.com/catalog...-90b45-colt-6/

I mean...do I have to say it?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    You mean this one?

Is gorgeous.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I'll take the risk.
    I play rugby too. And stick my hands into the gaping maw’s of HIV and hepatitis patients daily. And patrol meth/pill ridden suburban areas...

Shooting large calibre rifles is probably one of the lower risk activities I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    I play rugby too. And stick my hands into the gaping maw’s of HIV and hepatitis patients daily. And patrol meth/pill ridden suburban areas...

Shooting large calibre rifles is probably one of the lower risk activities I do.

You need a hobby.

Most dentists play golf and/or have a mistress. Both of those sound safer than your current life choices.

Site Supporter
    Some enjoy their own laughing gas too. Is that stuff addictive?

Site Supporter
    You mean this one?

For a younger outdoorsman with coin, this rifle--despite its cost--would be a good investment. It would serve admirably as a lifelong companion whenever a short powerful rifle was needed. The action is not solid frame but is open at the top as are 92's and 94's. The rear sight rests on the bolt and thus moves with it. If I were ordering one, I would ask that the receiver be drilled and tapped for an old school Redfield peep sight. That's a preference and not condemnation of the factory's sight on the bolt.

You need a hobby.

Most dentists play golf and/or have a mistress. Both of those sound safer than your current life choices.
    Golf is a waste of a perfectly good rugby pitch. My wife is 1000x hotter than the most badass mistress you can think of.

Nitrous oxide/oxygen IS psychologically addictive but has a wicked side effect of causing peripheral neuropathy. I’ve had nitrous twice in my life...once when I got my wisdom teeth out and once in school when we had to practice on each other. It makes me horribly nauseous and dizzy, which makes me vomit. I don’t drink either...and Coke Zero is about as raucous as I get.

I’m probably not like any dentist you know.

User Tag List