Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommended for S&W trigger work?

Recommended for S&W trigger work?

For some trigger work on my S&W 686+ PC I am looking at:
    TK Custom
    Glenn Custom/Frank Glenn
    Actions by T

They will also install the Apex Tactical K/L DAO hammer replacement kit and remove and plug the lock.

I don't know their backlogs, but just going on reputation.

Anyone have any feedback on these guys (or anyone else)?

I’m an Actions by T fan. Teddy does great work and is very no-BS and kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had good luck with Karl Sokol at Chestnut Mountain Sports.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    For some trigger work on my S&W 686+ PC I am looking at:
    TK Custom
    Glenn Custom/Frank Glenn
    Actions by T

They will also install the Apex Tactical K/L DAO hammer replacement kit and remove and plug the lock.

I don't know their backlogs, but just going on reputation.

Anyone have any feedback on these guys (or anyone else)?
    Ive shot some done by TK, they were pretty good.

Glenn Custom and TK Custom are both excellent. High quality work, for certain.

I believe Teddy officially retired laat year. He has fibromyalgia and spent almost two months in the hospital last year. He is still alive and kicking, but last I heard not taking any more work. So I would cross Actions by T off your list.

Is that all you want done? The APEX kit and the lock plug should both be relatively straight forward installations.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Is that all you want done? The APEX kit and the lock plug should both be relatively straight forward installations.
    I did it on my 642-1... well, no use the plug (no-lock run). Wasn’t that hard. Just need to take the side plate off correctly.

I’m not that big of a trigger guy. Think it was growing up on DA pistols/revolvers. Dry/live fire practice, and the Apex kit is good enough for me. But to be fair, my revolver is also done in NP3 Plus... so might be a little better than OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Fitting the Apex hammer replacement is recommended done by a smith in my discussions with them, otherwise I would do it if it was just springs.

I've used this video.

https://www.amazon.com/Trigger-Job-D...gger+Job+video

There are several people I have used in the past but they aren't doing revolver trigger work any more. I would trust Tom at TK Custom.

User Tag List