Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Manufacturer is next on the “P365” train?

Quote Originally Posted by tcba_joe View Post
    SIG should have applied that mag to the P320 (yes I realized it was developed after). But imagine how much ammo you could cram into a fullsize gun with a mag that holds 10 in a subcompact.
    Thats not how it works, the 365's mag is like a 1.5 stack mag, while the 320 uses a double stack mag.

If you took a 365 mag and a 320 mag that were the exact same length, the 320 would hold more ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    You mean like the XD-E?
    I got to try one of those out. Didn't hate it for its intended use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    25 years ago, if you said you held S&W over Sig, you’d be laughed at. My how times have changed.

True.

I have to wonder if there will eventually be a point at which people decide the juice isn't really worth the squeeze when it comes to going thinner and smaller. The more I shoot my Shield, the more I have to ask "is it really worth the added difficulty shooting this gun over a G26?"

Maybe it's just my personal taste, but given how easy it is to shoot modern double stack subcompacts like the G26, I have to ask how much of a difference 3mm of width actually makes with regards to concealment.

With the rapid developments in holster technology, the P365 is becoming a mouse fart in a hurricane.

More people are concealing full size firearms than ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    Sig said they plan to file patents for the magazine but I don't see any issued so far.

https://patents.justia.com/assignee/sig-sauer-inc

I wonder if their patent isn't unique enough compared to other magazines like H&K P7, Beretta and S&W Shield designs that have various taper and different double stack designs. You don't have to copy, re-engineer or pay patent royalties to match what the P365 does. Getting close in capacity or size would probably be enough. I know I would consider a 9 shot mag in the same package or a 10 shot in a slightly larger package if it came with reliability and less issues than the P365 seems to be having even after several do-overs. That's just me though.
    I spoke to Wilhelm Bubits a few years back when he brought out the Caracal, we were talking about pistol width. He, being a designer/engineer, stated it was the magazine width that determined the width of the gun. His subcompact Caracal, yet to surface over in the states is only 23 mm wide, which is 0.9” or basically a tad less than Kahr. His subcompact held 13 rounds in the magazine. This was afforded by the mag spring that would wind concentrically on itself as it was compressed. I don’t think the the SIG mag is all that special. Furthermore, the Karh has an offset feed ramp which may or may not be under patent currently. The offset allows for a super slim slide.

I have no doubt others will follow. Just like the Walther PPS kinda set the stage for quality sub singlestacks.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    25 years ago, if you said you held S&W over Sig, you’d be laughed at. My how times have changed.
    Heck, even a few years ago I'd be stunned to be endorsing S&W, but they've really tightened up lately.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Not an engineer, but how hard would it be to make something like a G26S using a G43 slide like they did with the G30S, but tapering the frame just beyond the magazine well. That’s one of the things I love about a BHP/P-35 is the slim profile like a single stack but with a double stack magazine to fill the hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Father of 3 View Post
    Not an engineer, but how hard would it be to make something like a G26S using a G43 slide like they did with the G30S, but tapering the frame just beyond the magazine well. That’s one of the things I love about a BHP/P-35 is the slim profile like a single stack but with a double stack magazine to fill the hand.
    No idea why they're putting out stuff like the G45 instead of stuff like this.

I want someone to make an 80% Shield lower that takes P365 mags. Probably not possible, but that'd be tits.
    Last edited by kitten_frenzy; 09-25-2018 at 09:34 PM.

Which Manufacturer is next on the “P365” train?

Quote Originally Posted by kitten_frenzy View Post
    No idea why they're putting out stuff like the G45 instead of stuff like this.

I want someone to make an 80% Shield lower that takes P365 mags. Probably not possible, but that'd be tits.
    Probably because the number of people who are interested in the G45 is an order of magnitude greater than the number of people who are interested in stuff like the p365.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by leathermaneod; 09-26-2018 at 04:56 AM.

User Tag List