Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked: new Glock G45

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    The cut out bugs you. Do you have large hands? Is it usually ppl with bigger hands? Mine are pretty damn small.
    Not particularly large, but my pinkie rides right on the edge of the cutout on the 19. I noticed it immediately when I shot a 19.5 on rollout day last August. Hate, hate, hate the cutout on the 19.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 10-20-2018 at 06:29 PM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Not really a fan of the 19.5 cut out but I can live with it. I have almost all the Gen 5 guns with the exception of the newest released versions with front serrations. The 19X is by far my favorite of the group. I find that the 19.5 doesn't get shot or carried near as much now. Not a fan of the MOS guns. If I were going to carry an optic, I'd have the slide milled.

I will say this, the 19.5 is a shooter. They all are but this little gun shoots well.

I finally got a chance to shoot a new Blue Label G45 last week. I bought this gun a couple of weeks ago, but have been too busy with work to get to the range. I only had time to put 6 magazines through the gun. I like it, but not sure if I like it better than my 19.5.

I do have to comment on the ejection of my new G45. It ejected the cases stronger than about any 9mm I remember shooting. The pile of cases had to be about 12'- 15' away from where I was standing. I shot one round from a retention position just to watch the ejection. Those cases definitely get some air time out of this gun!!!

I am really tempted to buy a new 19.5 MOS, if just to have the front slide serrations and no magazine cutout. My thought is that just because you have the MOS cutout, doesn't mean you have to use it. But it's nice to have the option, in case I want to do it down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Not particularly large, but my pinkie rides right on the edge of the cutout on the 19. I noticed it immediately when I shot a 19.5 on rollout day last August. Hate, hate, hate the cutout on the 19.
    Just a note to those of you with this problem....Pearce makes a replacement baseplate that fills in the gap. My wife has them for her Gen 2 G19 and it fixes the issue.

https://www.brownells.com/magazines/...-prod1379.aspx
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Just a note to those of you with this problem....Pearce makes a replacement baseplate that fills in the gap. My wife has them for her Gen 2 G19 and it fixes the issue.

https://www.brownells.com/magazines/...-prod1379.aspx
    Eek...one more pinch point....

To me it seems the cut out wouldn’t pinch but it’d rub your pinky raw. It seems the Pearce WOULD pinch which is the thing ppl say its there to fix. On the other hand I neither have a g19 G5 nor Pearce yet. So I may be 100% wrong.

I did use the then brand new Pearce filler baseplates on my 23.2 years ago, and they did fix the problem for me without pinching when I shot. You did have to keep your pinky out of the way while seating mags, though.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Picking up a "Blue Label" G45 tomorrow and I'm sending the slide directly to Agency Arms for their AOS System cut.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Picking up a "Blue Label" G45 tomorrow and I'm sending the slide directly to Agency Arms for their AOS System cut.
    That sounds awesome!
    "A man's character is his fate."

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Let us know how the aos system is, very interesting.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

User Tag List