Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked: new Glock G45

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I’m selling Off some guns and knives to buy a Glock (maybe it’s duplicate too). Trying to buy a 9mm Glock and focus solely and that platform for a long time. I need the money from selling stuff too. Anyway, the 19 and g45 are the 2 I’m interested in. I’m in a Ban state so you’d think the smaller one would be the answer but man that g45 seems so good. Especially since I’m concerned about the cutout on the 19.
    I would try really hard to shoot both before you decide. With the 19, you can do away with the cutout if you go with the new 19.5 MOS. Whichever fits you best and that you can shoot better...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I have no chance to shoot either. I know no one near me with either and no shops near me let you test fire as they have no range. Maybe an hour away at best.
    For mos I probably wouldn’t use an rmr but the fcs and lack of cutout interest me. I don’t know if the cut out bugs me but it worries me. I have small hands.
    I’d have to figure out which sights to put on it whereas the g19 I’d just get it with bolds.

I have no chance to shoot either. I know no one near me with either and no shops near me let you test fire as they have no range. Maybe an hour away at best.
    For mos I probably wouldn’t use an rmr but the fcs and lack of cutout interest me. I don’t know if the cut out bugs me but it worries me. I have small hands.
    I’d have to figure out which sights to put on it whereas the g19 I’d just get it with bolds.
    I’m one of those people that the cutout really bugs (same as on my old 23.2,) so I’m holding out hope the non-MOS 19.5 will be updated with the newer grip. That said, I’m hugely impressed with my 45 so far, but the size seems a little out of whack with a 10 round statutory restriction.

I usually run Ameriglo Hacks, but I’m trying their Agents from Brownells on my 45 and really like them - the rear dots are low enough profile in daylight to not be a distraction, which is my issue with most three dot sight implementations.

Have you considered a 26?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Yeah. Kinda want the option of the rail and t least the g19 size. I’m treating this like it’s my only handgun so I can stop bouncing around platforms. Kind of a do all gun. Maybe a MOs with UC Ameriglos then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

I don't have huge hands either, and the cut out has ZERO effect on me. I shot 300 rounds bare handed through my Gen5 G19 in about 2 hours the other day, and nothing. For reference, when I grip my G19, my strong hand pinky rides right over the middle of the cutout. I can feel the "air" there, but not the edges of the cutout. I'd think that even if you got one of the "sharp" edged guns, an hour with a small straight file and a sanding block would let you knock it down to where it was nicely rounded.

Having said all that, the Gen5 MOS makes a lot of sense as well...

For a carry everywhere pistol, the 19.5 is hard to beat. Mine came with Glock night sights and they regulate well with 147 Gold Dot. The cutout doesn't bother me but it does bother my training partner. I like my 19x too but I don't know if it makes a lot of sense in a ban state. If you can conceal it well and don't mind the long grip it would be a good choice too.

Lot's of guys run 19's really well. For me, I don't lose much shootablilty compared to a 17 length frame. My reloads slow down a little bit but not enough to make me not want to carry one. It's the most size efficient carry pistol available in my opinion. I don't notice any difference in recoil between the 19 and 19x.

My bigger concern if I were you would be if the reduced capacity magazines will work or not.

Jeez. The saga continues. I have a lot of friends that haven’t had issues. I know the issues are wide spread though.

Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Jeez. The saga continues. I have a lot of friends that haven’t had issues. I know the issues are wide spread though.

You can’t carry can you? If CCW isn’t a concern, I’d go with the 45. Yeah it sucks that you have such a long grip and still only ten round mags, but at least that grip could result in better handling characteristics and maybe less perceived recoil. If CCW is possible, I’d do the 19 MOS and not worry about a RDS unless you want to down the road. The cutout seems so subjective that I personally wouldn’t buy a model with it now that Glock has introduced alternatives. Also, on mags, my Magpul 10 rounders are doing well and I have more confidence in them than the Glock 10 rounders.

I'm in the same predicament. The local LGS doesn't have the G19.5 in stock and they said any G45s that show up get sold pretty much the same day. They did have a 19X and my pinky sits right on top of it so it wouldn't bother me but the G19 grip length fits my hand perfectly. It basically boils down to G19 (wait for non cutout version) or G17 (G45 in stock for $539 shipped) size frame for a carry gun.
    Last edited by johnson; 10-20-2018 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m one of those people that the cutout really bugs (same as on my old 23.2,) so I’m holding out hope the non-MOS 19.5 will be updated with the newer grip. That said, I’m hugely impressed with my 45 so far, but the size seems a little out of whack with a 10 round statutory restriction.

I usually run Ameriglo Hacks, but I’m trying their Agents from Brownells on my 45 and really like them - the rear dots are low enough profile in daylight to not be a distraction, which is my issue with most three dot sight implementations.

Have you considered a 26?
    The cut out bugs you. Do you have large hands? Is it usually ppl with bigger hands? Mine are pretty damn small.

User Tag List