Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked: new Glock G45

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am especially relieved Glock has followed its naming tradition, by calling their new 9mm the model 45.
    I checked with the head shed, and apparently a lot of thought was put into naming this new pistol the Glock 45. They say that 45 is short for 4+5 = 9.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Now it's official: GLOCK is launching 3 new models with the G45, G17 Gen5 MOS and G19 Gen5 MOS in autumn 2018.
    https://www.all4shooters.com/en/Shoo...-MOS-features/
    Last edited by Savage Hands; 09-23-2018 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Now it's official: GLOCK is launching 3 new models with the G45, G17 Gen5 MOS and G19 Gen5 MOS in autumn 2018.
    And now my gun fund is going to be a little lighter. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Drop that G19 MOS slide on the G45...just need a threaded marksman barrel...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Dudes, I get the balance thing in Glocks. I like the balance of the 19 better than the 17, and 17 better than the 34. The 34 in particular feels and looks all long and goofy. But the numbers don't lie. In most timed drills, I shoot a 34 > 17 > 19.

As far as the grip size goes, I don't have huge hands so a 19 grip fits me well. Carry-wise, the longer grip isn't worth the disadvantage for me. AIWB, a 17 grip prints much more readily. OWB, the 17 grip bumps into stuff more than a 19. And all for +2 rounds? No thanks. I'll just carry a 17 or 21 round spare mag.
    I carried a Gen 4 17 for years, bought a Gen 5 17 when they were released, picked up a 19x earlier this year.

I greatly prefer the 19x over the 17. No differences on the clock that can’t be chalked up to...I was just on my game today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Exactly. How many hundred thousand 19X pistols did they say they sold this year already? I don’t think Glock is in any trouble at all. Yes they lost two large contract selections but they still control more than 50% of the LE market and there are portions of the military who use and will continue to use Glocks. Plus they’re still doing well in the civilian market.
    Glock knows what they are doing.

First the 42, then a 43 after the feeding frenzy was over. How many people bought both that would never have bought a 42 if they came out at the same time?

Now, sell a gazillion 19Xes, and then roll out what many of those buyers really wanted... a 45.

Hinterhältig, as my late Sudetenlander mother-in-law used to say...

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Dont think for a minute that Glocks in trouble. They control roughly 30% of the American handgun market and a probably higher cut of the LEO market selling essentially one product.

True, the market has gotten more competitive, but for so long Glocks competitors werent so competitive, looking at you S&W.

It would seem that the 45.5, 19.5, and 17.5 with MOS and front serrations is all Glock needs to focus on these days with a few G42 and G43 sprinkled in.
    I totally agree, like I said, I am a Glock guy and have been from quite some time. With that said, Glock has rested on their laurels and lost a portion of the market that they once dominated.

Here is a quote from Tactical Life (Not that they are the end all be all, but have a pretty good pulse on the industry):

"We weren’t kidding when we said police departments like the P320. In the past few months alone, North Dakota’s Bismarck Police Department; the Tampa Police Department in Florida; Jacksonville PD in Arkansas; Texas Department of Public Safety; Chicago Police Department; and the Virginia State Police have all either adopted the P320 outright or added it to a list of approved duty guns.

Oh, the P320 is also the basis for the M17 and M18, the official sidearm of the U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard and U.S. Air Force."

I still love my Glocks and don't think they are going anywhere soon, but I do wish they would do more innovating.

Another website reporting the 45:

https://www.firearmrack.com/glock-45-black-glock-19x/

I want three.

Want. With an ACRO.

User Tag List