Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked: new Glock G45

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    What was the former record?

Did they had a MRBF for the Gen 3 and 4?
    Fewer obviously
    Last edited by BigT; 09-25-2018 at 09:33 AM.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

If you discount the failures from frangible ammo, which is known to be way less reliable than duty or fmj practice ammo, the MRBS of the Glock Ms tested by the FBI was closer to 110,000 than 11,000.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    FWIW, the M guns (which are essentially the same as Gen5) set a new record at the FBI in their pistol testing with a mean rounds between failure of 11,000.
    The MRBF was significantly higher than 11,000.

The previous MRBF for gen3/gen4 was significantly lower than 11,000.

Edit: Oops, just saw @DanM's post which hits on it.
    Last edited by Gio; 09-25-2018 at 10:01 AM.

We all like to pick this and that detail, color and whatnot...

But in truth, there is nothing this new G45 will do that a good Gen 3 G17/19 won't.... and the Gen 3 RSA is simpler and better IMO. Finger grooves are not a deal breaker for most anyone, and 95% of people are just fine without the removable backstrap.

Perhaps the Gen 5 is more accurate on average (?), but the Gen 3 guns are plenty accurate for their intended use.
    The Gen 5 is more accurate. That's been proven.
    Gen 3 guns are "plenty accurate," but who is to say they shouldn't be more accurate?

"Plenty accurate for their intended use" sounds an awful lot like "Good enough" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I see this desire all the time and still don't get it. A Glock is not THAT wide that it's difficult to conceal. With a good holster it will be invisible under a t-shirt. My G43 is too skinny to be comfortable but I tolerate that because it can fit in my front pocket as a BUG. If a shooter wants a G19 sized grip, get the TTI +3 extension for the G43. But a single column G19 or G17 seems like a giant step backwards.
    Many people want a single stack full size Glock because they think it will conceal better. Modern holsters fix the issues of carrying a full size double stack pistol. My typical carry gun is a Glock 34 with a WML and RMR. It conceals as well as my 19 did.

More accurate? perhaps, by a tiny margin...
    More durable and reliable? I doubt it. The Gen 3 never had a problem IME in those respects.
    Glock spends thousands, if not millions, refining the design for a reason. Reliability is their number 1 concern. People are still running Gen 2 Glocks daily, but that doesn't mean they are more or less reliable than a Gen 3/4/5.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I can’t agree.

The 45 (and 19X) offer a duty sized weapon with a full grip that reduces seat digging, the 19 length grip isn’t ideal for many people (myself included.) And it took the grip reduction that came in with the Gen4s to bring me back to Glock, the earlier grip size was never ideal for me. Just look at how many people run their Gen4s and Gen5s without any grip adapter.
    One of the reasons I haven't gotten on board is I don't own a single holster made for a 19 length gun. All my IWB, AIWB, OWB, and tactical holsters are for the 17/34 size, even though I carry a 19M 99% of the time. For the concealment holsters, I find the longer length makes the gun much less likely to rotate out over the belt. If I'm going to deal with concealing a full size grip, I don't want to lose the benefit of a full size slide/sight radius when I already prefer carrying a holster that will accommodate it.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    If you discount the failures from frangible ammo, which is known to be way less reliable than duty or fmj practice ammo, the MRBS of the Glock Ms tested by the FBI was closer to 110,000 than 11,000.

Wow, that is awesome. If you can eleborate on this more that would be cool but totally understand if you can’t.

Just looking at the gen 5 guns and how they have upgraded the internals subtly made me realize the gun can probably go very far with minimal parts or spring replacement(minus recoil spring).

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    But in truth, [B]there is nothing this new G45 will do that a good Gen 3 G17/19 won't....
    These new fangled guns don't do anything a cap and ball revolver won't.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    But a more accurate, more durable , more reliable product is a win.
    This.

More accurate? perhaps, by a tiny margin...
    More durable and reliable? I doubt it. The Gen 3 never had a problem IME in those respects.
    More accurate, proven. "Tiny" is a matter of perspective, and yes, that's what she said. Would you like a gun that shoots 1"-1.5" tighter groups at 25y? No? Then don't buy one.

Reliable? Well, my Gen 3 wasn't reliable with a WML. My "M" is completely reliable with a WML. So regardless of how much you doubt it, I'd say that's an improvement in reliability.

It's evolution, not revolution. Better trigger, more accurate, longer lifespan, and more options. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Simple. Personally, I have been somewhere between meh and no thanks on Glocks until the M/5.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    One of the reasons I haven't gotten on board is I don't own a single holster made for a 19 length gun. All my IWB, AIWB, OWB, and tactical holsters are for the 17/34 size, even though I carry a 19M 99% of the time. For the concealment holsters, I find the longer length makes the gun much less likely to rotate out over the belt. If I'm going to deal with concealing a full size grip, I don't want to lose the benefit of a full size slide/sight radius when I already prefer carrying a holster that will accommodate it.
    Longer holsters generally conceal better, regardless of the length of firearm. You must have equal length below the belt as you do above the belt. It's simple physics. Longer holsters prevent the firearm from toppling, and will also help in preventing unwanted rotation, as you've mentioned.

Leaked: new Glock G45

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Wow, that is awesome. If you can eleborate on this more that would be cool but totally understand if you can’t.
    I contacted the FBI Ballistic Research Facility a few months back to get their ammunition testing data. They also sent some other documentation including the results of the Glock M pistols from their testing a few years ago. They could not release the data of any other entrants due to contract requirements but they could release the Glock data because Glock won. I had to agree not to release any specific information I received outside of my agency so I’m not sure how many of the specifics of the Glock results I’m allowed to reveal.

I will say that the testing conducted on the pistols was very thorough and substantial and anyone issued one of these pistols or carrying a Gen 5 Glock should have every confidence in their gun.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 09-25-2018 at 10:48 AM.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Awesome thanks DanM!

User Tag List