Thread: Week 287: Ten Round Assault Course

Week 287: Ten Round Assault Course

Week 287: Ten Round Assault Course

Results may be posted until October 21st, 2018.

Range: 25, 15, 7, and closing
    Target: NRA B8 Replacement center - download here: https://pistol-forum.com/attachment....1&d=1322428748
    Start position: from concealment or a duty/retention holster
    Rounds fired: 10

Target is a standard NRA B8 bullseye replacement center. Scoring is for actual points so a 10-ring hit is worth a lot more than peripherals.

Start from the holster at 25yd. On the buzzer, draw and fire two rounds (2). Advance to the 15yd line keeping gun safely in control, fire two (2) rounds. Advance to the 7yd line keeping gun safely in control, fire three (3) rounds. Fire three (3) more rounds while advancing forward from the 7yd line.

Score is simply listed as points and time. 80 points in 20 seconds is recommended as a passing score.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Pistol and holster used
    Points & total time
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Shot this cold today.
    G19 in an Eidolon with a pullover sweater.
    64 out of 100. 17.40 seconds. Massive fail.
    I really screwed the pooch as I drew closer to the target, thinking I was behind on time.
    Started to go high on the paper, then higher still as I was moving. Should have put the brakes on as I neared....much learning occurred.
    Fun drill that I'm going to run again next week.
    Name:  IMG_0877.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  52.9 KB
    It doesn’t have to be fun to be fun ― Mark Twight

I ran this twice today. No pictures as my phone is currently at the mothership getting repaired.

Pistol and holster used G19-5 from a DSG Orion
    Points & total time 80/100 in 15.83s and 87/100 in 16.93s
    Anything you noticed I missed the B8 with one of my shots from 25y during my first attempt costing me 10 points right off the bat. I still tend to fall apart at distance when I add any kind of time pressure.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Ran today. Passed.

CZ p-09/s JMCK AIWB with T-shirt.
    87 points/ 17.48

Things noticed - my range has hill from 25yd to about 20 so running uphill is bonus points, right?
    Visual patience - had plenty of time, could have taken a little more care at 15yd. Was glad I had both hits at 25yd.
    Actually felt pressure running both DOTW - reminds me of shooting 1st stage at match. Need to participate more. Good stuff.

Name:  IMG_3085.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  32.9 KB
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Ethan Johns in his article has 2 different passing scores. 80 in 24 and 90 in 20.

http://www.swatvault.com/weapons-tra...formance-test/

My First PF Post: DOTW #287 TRAC

Pistol used: "Stock" Glock 19.4, Custom Ameriglo Agent 3DNS and X300U-A.

Holster used: Safariland 6390DO, LevII with ALS 6006 ALS Guard

Points & total time: 86/100 & 17.86

Anything you noticed: Shot it "cold." While attempting to shoot into position @15yd: one round off paper (low 7 o'clock) and one round 8 ring (3 o'clock). Need work on shooting into/out of positions. Enjoyable, quick CoF with a low round count. My training partner that day shot 80/100 in 17.24. Good start/end to a training day.

Name:  IMG_6090.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  24.0 KB
    Last edited by Clark Jackson; 10-21-2018 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Glock 19 altered to Glock 19.4
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

User Tag List