Thread: Beltless Carry: Waistband Sag solutions?

Beltless Carry: Waistband Sag solutions?

I've been playing around with Discreet Carry Concepts Clips for deep concealment thanks to @Up1911Fan 's excellent NPE setup post.

I've been impressed with how solid these clips attach to fabric to say the least.

I'm sure this is common amongst all pant clip systems, but I have noticed the clip site will tend to cause the pant's waistband to sag resulting in revealing more of the clip than I'm comfortable with:

Name:  PzLV3O9.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  23.5 KB

One solution I have played around with is attaching a solid piece of flat material such as cardboard behind the waistband essentially acting as a stiffener which tends to keep the clip in place better:

Name:  BxUuTaC.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  26.0 KB

Name:  P4UGUmk.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  26.1 KB

RCS Vanguard:
    Name:  A0fnvSz.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  27.5 KB

While my pants lack of waistband stiffness might be the issue, has anyone else found any better solutions?

Site Supporter
    I’ve been doing the same thing with my LCP. I’ve found that this system works better with more fitted waistbands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comp-Tac used to sell special (IWB holster) waistband clips that were faced with Velcro hook; it was to be combined with a belt that was lined with Velcro loop. The idea was that you'd have your IWB holster's waistband clips clipped over your waistband and under your belt, hidden from sight, but the (near-invisible) clips could still enjoy the support of the belt (via the Velcro).

I can't find any mention of any such option on their website anymore.
    Last edited by Wendell; 09-22-2018 at 05:46 PM.

User Tag List