Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Had a chat with our western region Ruger sales rep today, re: revolver ideas

A full size SAA whether Colt, Ruger, or copy, in .357 is a heavy gun. The smaller holes in barrel and cylinder leave a lot of extra iron in the .45 size parts.
    My Single Six .38 conversion is a good deal handier. It would be handier still if the original purchaser had left it with the aluminum grip frame and hard rubber grips instead of steel and stag.

I think a Single Seven would be a good centerfire plinker and a set of dies would be a lot less expensive than custom sex change.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    The irony of a gun on that book is not lost.
    The longsword and bow take up too much room in the tent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post

I think a Single Seven would be a good centerfire plinker and a set of dies would be a lot less expensive than custom sex change.

The single-seven birdshead is a great gun: the size, weight, and handling is hard to beat. It will also fit in a lot of open-top leather designed for K-frames. I had one; it went to a buddy here. In the final analysis, I’m not a reloader, and I decided to stick to calibers that I already stock. That’s why my Vaq is .45acp, not colt or .44spec...I had a .44 special a while back too. Guys like me are why a 9mm-specific iteration makes sense.

The single-seven is a great size, though. Just an excelllent shooter for those willing to deal with .327 Federal.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 09-23-2018 at 10:51 AM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

A 9mm or .38 Single Six? Yes please!

Six shot .38 or .357 LCR? Hells yeah! Or even just a GP100 scaled down to Security Six size.

A Seven shot LCR? I might be interested.

Ruger needs to replace the Redhawk with a Super Redhawk that doesn't have the frame extension and a more classic barrel profile, basically a GP44 but with all models of the Redhawk. Though I wouldn't be opposed to an 8-shot .357 Alaskan.

I would like to see more revolvers with dovetailed fixed sights, like the Wiley Clapp.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    A 9mm or .38 Single Six? Yes please!

Six shot .38 or .357 LCR? Hells yeah! Or even just a GP100 scaled down to Security Six size.

A Seven shot LCR? I might be interested.

I would like to see more revolvers with dovetailed fixed sights, like the Wiley Clapp.
    Replace LCR with LCRx and I’m all in with everything above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    While I tend to agree, I’m not that convinced of the utility of the .327 Mag for much of anything bigger than a raccoon in terms of practical use. The fact that the damn thing uses a .312” diameter bullet instead of the .311 common to .32s limits bullet choices or accuracy.

There is more than enough space to have a .327 Mag single six converted to .38 currently, too. Loaded with +P or 38/44 level loads it would be a handful but hit hard. Given that the .327 maxs at about 45,000 PSI and .38 +P is around 20k, it should handle those loads for about...ever. I’m afraid if they converted the Single Seven to a Sinngle Six in .38 they’d stop selling Single Sevens.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    The longsword and bow take up too much room in the tent.

The single-seven birdshead is a great gun: the size, weight, and handling is hard to beat. It will also fit in a lot of open-top leather designed for K-frames. I had one; it went to a buddy here. In the final analysis, I’m not a reloader, and I decided to stick to calibers that I already stock. That’s why my Vaq is .45acp, not colt or .44spec...I had a .44 special a while back too. Guys like me are why a 9mm-specific iteration makes sense.

The single-seven is a great size, though. Just an excelllent shooter for those willing to deal with .327 Federal.
    I’ve found the ACP to be ideal in a Vaq - full length ejection and no damn moon clips. I reamed my chamber mouths to a uniform size since I shoot mostly FMJ, and it’s been a great gun. I’m slowly bringing the finish up to pimp standards with Mother’s by hand.

A 9mm would have all the same advantages in a smaller package.

Since we are on the subject, and I still have the pics...

Attached Images Attached Images      
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Replace LCR with LCRx and I’m all in with everything above.
    No.
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    No.
    ‘Hoss just put down the hammer...

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    ‘Hoss just put down the hammer...
    The hammer already is down because it's DAO.

User Tag List