Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Had a chat with our western region Ruger sales rep today, re: revolver ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    They need a polymer framed Security/Speed Six in 38 for sure.
    I never knew I wanted a fixed sight 3" LCR till I read this...

ETA: Crappy Mockup
    Name:  Stretched.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  34.8 KB
    Last edited by mmc45414; 09-22-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I never knew I wanted a fixed sight 3" LCR till I read this...
    Like I say, he's definitely heard the scaled-up, 6-shot, 3" real sights thing, for sure. What that means, I know not.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I also want a 96 leveraction in 22.lr
    We discussed lever actions for a bit, too. The Cowboy Action guys have reportedly been relentless with "take my money" type requests any time anyone Ruger goes near a match.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Oh, hell yes. I’m very fond of my 5152; a little brother would be welcome.
    Right? Clearly, you get it. I've got the 5154 iteration--part of why I could state my case with precision and eloquence. Mrs Sidheshooter and I did a quick overnight "glamping" run in the rooftop tent earlier this week and, aside from the mummy bags, contact lens stuff, and TAD "shagmaster" outerwear, this was the sum total of my personal load out (note fancy-ass "smokewagon speedloader;" I finally found use for that old, POS 10-rounder with the lame follower...)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Why have they not copied the Bowen GP44?!?
    Gp-44 or GTFO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    We discussed lever actions for a bit, too. The Cowboy Action guys have reportedly been relentless with "take my money" type requests any time anyone Ruger goes near a match.
    I’d settle for a 96/357 that uses the 77/357 magazines. That’d be handier than a handle on a bucket. If I could find a good condition 96/44 I might well have it rebarreled. I wonder if the extended mag releases for 10/22s work the 77 and 96-series guns? That’d be sweet. Especially in a restricted state.

It’s hard for me to think Ruger could build a better ‘73/92/94 than the current Miroku-built Winchesters. Which are almost as good as the old guns (and nicer than almost all the Spaghetti guns). I handled a ‘73 octagonal-to half round trapper. Beautiful gun and right next to a Texas Brush Popper, I’d argue the Miroku built gun was nicer. More attention to finish details in the Winchester than the Uberti, but the Uberti had a better action. Action work is easy, good finish work isn’t as easy.

That said - I’d let them take my money for a Ruger lever gun. The Henrys are nice, but apparently Henry just has a ‘thing’ against loading gates.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 09-22-2018 at 02:00 PM.

Right? Clearly, you get it. I've got the 5154 iteration--part of why I could state my case with precision and eloquence. Mrs Sidheshooter and I did a quick overnight "glamping" run in the rooftop tent earlier this week and, aside from the mummy bags, contact lens stuff, and TAD "shagmaster" outerwear, this was the sum total of my personal load out (note fancy-ass "smokewagon speedloader;" I finally found use for that old, POS 10-rounder with the lame follower...)
    Lol, I use a shit 1911 mag the same way. My Vaq gets carried the most when I’m in the woods.

Oh, man - I just had a look at the Clements website. I wish I hadn’t.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I’d settle for a 96/357 that uses the 77/357 magazines. That’d be handier than a handle on a bucket.
    That said - I’d let them take my money for a Ruger lever gun. The Henrys are nice, but apparently Henry just has a ‘thing’ against loading gates.
    Yep, I’d raid my bank account for such a Ruger.

Damn the iPhone Typos!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I’d settle for a 96/357 that uses the 77/357 magazines. That’d be handier than a handle on a bucket.
    This, with threads on the end of the 18.5", would be saucy.

The 96 series was discussed, as well as the idea of a gun specific to 3-gun cowboy action, done within the quality/pricing matrix that is Ruger’s bailiwick.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Like I say, he's definitely heard the scaled-up, 6-shot, 3" real sights thing, for sure. What that means, I know not.
    Sounds like eating S&W's "310" lunch at half the price, before they've even made it.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

The irony of a gun on that book is not lost.

User Tag List