Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Had a chat with our western region Ruger sales rep today, re: revolver ideas

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    HM2 cylinder for the HMR Single Six. I just realized today, as one of the cheeky little bastards was shaking its balls in my general direction, that I don't have quite enough ways to kill them yet.
    Reading this again, I should point out that “them” is squirrels.

I did some more reading, and found that Ruger indeed sold a switch cylinder combo. There’s one on GB now for ~$1100.

Maybe just another production run, or make the cylinders available on the Ruger store.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Reading this again, I should point out that “them” is squirrels.

I did some more reading, and found that Ruger indeed sold a switch cylinder combo. There’s one on GB now for ~$1100.

Maybe just another production run, or make the cylinders available on the Ruger store.
    Maybe try these folks - http://www.rugercyl.com/ - Looks like they basically took over production for Al Story who made drop-in cylinders for Rugers starting in the mid-70s. I've never handled a Story-cylindered gun, so I can't attest to the quality, but at 100 bucks, it might be worth investigating.

Wow. Yeah, $1100 seems pretty steep.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Another one: a 6-inch barrel SP101 in .327 Fed Mag. Because a longer barrel is better with high-pressure cartridges, and the GP is more gun than the .327 needs.
    Not another dime.

Another one: a 6-inch barrel SP101 in .327 Fed Mag. Because a longer barrel is better with high-pressure cartridges, and the GP is more gun than the .327 needs.
    I had one of the 4" .327 SP101s. I loved the balance and feel but .32 ACP was a no-go in mine which was the reason I bought it (.32 ACP worked fine in my S7). I want one of the 4" .357 SPs but with 2 4" GPs already in the safe I can't make myself do it. Yet...

IIRC the .17 cal Single Sixes didn't sell well enough for Ruger to keep in production so of course when word got out they were discontinued, the prices spiked.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Dear Ruger,

There are a bunch of us out here who really want to buy a Ruger PCC, but aren't going to until there is a fixed-barrel version. Too many people are having unresolved issues with barrels loosening (even after sending guns back to you). I happen to be someone who will always get the problem, so I'm not going to buy something that I know is likely to have a problem that makes it basically unserviceable. (I'm two for two on sending brand new Rugers back to you to get fixed.) Just letting you know. Reliability comes before accessories and colors. I have zero interest in a forend that looks like an AR handguard, and I don't need to put a camo dress on it. Plain and black is fine, but it has to work and keep on working. Please make a fixed-barrel PCC. Thanks.
    Not another dime.

^^^ Or a plain blued and wood version with fixed barrel. Other useful calibers would be good, but a reliable 9 would be a good start.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

User Tag List