Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holster for CZ P-07 Duty?

Holster for CZ P-07 Duty?

Finally was able to trade off my SA XDs on a CZ P-07, but I'm gonna need a holster for it. As this will be my EDC once I've vetted it, I'll need a concealment holster. Although I find OWB most comfortable, AIWB seems to be most concealable on me, at least it was with the XDs. I haven't tried a more traditional IWB, I find reaching back past the 3:00 position bothers my shoulder. I read through most of the 19 pages of holster recommendations for this pistol on the CZ forum, but it seems like just about everyone posting had a different idea of what was best . So here's my parameters.

AIWB, as stated, unless someone can offer a compelling reason for something else. And no, shooting my nuts off doesn't qualify .
    Not crazy about hybrids or leather, so all Kydex/other polymer.
    I'm fairly average size, although I long since traded in the six pack on a pony keg. 5'10", around 220 lbs.
    Don't have a problem dressing around my weapon, although this is hot country part of the year, so cover garments can be a challenge.
    Typical wardrobe is cargo/tactical pants (Tru-Spec) and a tucked in t-shirt, cover garment as needed.
    Secure but still easy to get on/off is a plus, don't really know what's "best" in clips/loops.

If there's something else I need to think about, let me know. Appreciate any input, but am mostly interested in hearing from folks actually carrying this particular pistol. Thanks.

Dave

Reach out to Tony at JMCK. Lotsa guys here use his AIWB rigs. He’s good about helping you figure out which version to get.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Thanks, I'll do that. I've looked at his site before, but with so many options, I was faced with a case of smorgasbord starvation . Just ordered a Comp-Tac International for range use, figured it offers enough flexibility that I should be able to find a configuration that works for me. Anyone else have another suggestion?

Dave

JMCK is what I use. I use the earlier models without the claw (haven’t tried those yet) - don’t feel I need to. I do use a foam pad on the backside. Conceals great for me.

If I was looking for another manufacturer I would look at dark star gear or custom carry concepts. (Both forum supporting businesses)
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Based on the suggestions here, plus reading through most of the 28 pages on the JMCK Claw 2.5, I just placed my order for one. Was available as a Quick Ship, so maybe next week sometime? Later, and thanks for the input.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by daved20319 View Post
    Based on the suggestions here, plus reading through most of the 28 pages on the JMCK Claw 2.5, I just placed my order for one. Was available as a Quick Ship, so maybe next week sometime? Later, and thanks for the input.

Dave
    The 2.5 is working well for me set to a high ride, with a P-07 and 17 round extended magazine (better grip). It MIGHT be possible to do better, but I suspect not much better, and I havn’t found an AIWB rig I like better yet. There are any number of worse options.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 09-22-2018 at 04:42 PM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    The 2.5 is working well for me set to a high ride, with a P-07 and 17 round extended magazine (better grip). It MIGHT be possible to do better, but I suspect not much better, and I havn’t found an AIWB rig I like better yet. There are any number of worse options.
    That seems to summarize the consensus opinion when it comes to AIWB. My only previous experience with concealed carry was with my XDs, started with a Harwell appendix holster, then switched to a Stealth Gear Revolution. I liked the SG, but they don't offer a Revolution for the P-07, plus it had a tendency to collapse a bit when the gun was out of the holster. Even then, JMCK was considered the go to, don't really remember why I chose the SG, but I suspect it was price or lead time, possibly both. Regardless, the JM seems like the top choice, and as someone pointed out somewhere, if I don't like it, they're popular enough that I can probably sell it for close to what it cost me. Looking forward to its arrival almost as much as actually getting a chance to shoot the new pistol! BTW, where did you get the extended mags? Mine came with 2, I'll definitely be needing at least a couple more. Later.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by daved20319 View Post
    That seems to summarize the consensus opinion when it comes to AIWB. My only previous experience with concealed carry was with my XDs, started with a Harwell appendix holster, then switched to a Stealth Gear Revolution. I liked the SG, but they don't offer a Revolution for the P-07, plus it had a tendency to collapse a bit when the gun was out of the holster. Even then, JMCK was considered the go to, don't really remember why I chose the SG, but I suspect it was price or lead time, possibly both. Regardless, the JM seems like the top choice, and as someone pointed out somewhere, if I don't like it, they're popular enough that I can probably sell it for close to what it cost me. Looking forward to its arrival almost as much as actually getting a chance to shoot the new pistol! BTW, where did you get the extended mags? Mine came with 2, I'll definitely be needing at least a couple more. Later.

Dave
    CGW but they were $43 IIRC. I understand you can use CZ P10c mags and you can find those about $10/mag cheaper. Looks like there is just another slot cut in the P10c mags for a different mag catch system.

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=88604.0
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

JM Custom AIWB 2.0 or 2.5 depending on your needs. I've carried mine in it everyday since I got it. Also, consider getting a mag pouch to help balance it out. Also, something I didn't give as much consideration to when I got mine, but should have, was maybe getting a P09 holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Paltares8 View Post
    JM Custom AIWB 2.0 or 2.5 depending on your needs. I've carried mine in it everyday since I got it. Also, consider getting a mag pouch to help balance it out. Also, something I didn't give as much consideration to when I got mine, but should have, was maybe getting a P09 holster.
    I think that's what I ordered. But why would you suggest considering a P-09 holster for a P-07, if that is what you're suggesting. I had no issues with roll-out with the XDs, and the P-07 is a bigger, longer pistol overall. Can't think of any other reason to go longer.

I also have no intention or desire to get a P-09, 3 out of the other 4 pistols I own have steel frames, the other is aluminum, I definitely prefer metal to polymer. The combination of features I wanted (and circumstance) resulted in going with the P-07, but it's not the perfect choice, just the best for me and my application IMO. At least, I hope so, still haven't shot or carried it yet . Speaking of which, I need to finish breakfast so I can get to the range. Later.

Dave

User Tag List