Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sippin' Rum

Sippin' Rum

Blame RoyGBiv.

Who here likes rum?

I dont have any good recommendations and I would welcome input!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    When I was working a bunch in Puerto Rico, this was my favorite. IIRC, I was paying like $8.00 / 750mL for it back in the early 90's.
    The Gold star stuff is still quite good, IMO, if you can find it, but the silver star stuff is only colada-quality.

Name:  ron_del_barrilito_three_star.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  22.4 KB
    If I'm ever in the mood for a sweet mixed drink, Kraken & Coke hits the spot.

ETA: Looking forward to some recommendations on good sippin stuff... Something easier to find than the Bourbons I like.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 09-21-2018 at 04:13 PM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Zaya is my go to neat rum...

Speak of the devil, I just picked up a bottle of coconut rum to experiment with. Someone passed me a cocktail made with the stuff at a con party earlier this month and it tasted far better than my usual vodka-based choices.

Sure, it's a girly drink, but I drink to be drunk, so the more tolerable it is to my tastebuds, the better. If anyone's got suggestions for simple coconut rum recipes, I'd appreciate suggestions.

Site Supporter
    Name:  Bacardi.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  20.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Name:  Bacardi.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  20.8 KB
    Is that oak heart good neat? Im all about no mixing or a chunk of ice

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Havana Club...

Site Supporter
    Ron Zacapa 23 year is smooth and perfect for drinking neat. By far my favorite sipping rum.

If you can make it to Cuba, this sure is tasty: Name:  9B2487AD-48D5-4DB3-B877-8833B8247C48.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  40.1 KB

I have several bottles of Ron Barcelo Imperial that I enjoy as well: https://www.masterofmalt.com/rum/rum.../imperial-rum/

Appleton Special Reserve or Bacardi Solera

Site Supporter
    There's a local distillery (near Lake Charles) that opened a couple of years ago, Bayou Rum. Its claim to fame is that it uses local cane sugar. I'm not much of a rum drinker, but I need to stop by and grab a bottle.

User Tag List