Thread: mystery 9mm suppressed "blow rod"

mystery 9mm suppressed "blow rod"

First I've heard of this thing, and google didn't tell me anything. Anyone know the history of these things?

Name:  mysterypistol.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  25.2 KB

Is that a welrod or a modernized version of one?

Looks to be a Welrod Mk. 1 or a derivative of the design.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    Looks to be a Welrod Mk. 1 or a derivative of the design.
    This. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welrod

I'd love to have one in 45 ACP built to modern specs with a RDS for deer hunting.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

B&T currently makes a version of the Welrod in 9mm. Here's a link to their website: https://www.bt-ag.ch/shop/eng/bt-vp9...x-19-bt-410000

It's manually operated, and has a 5 round magazine.

These things were popular in video games when Playstation 2 was the biggest and baddest. I think it was the Medal of Honor series that had missions where the Welrod was all you were equipped with.

The wiki sums it up, but this was a a gun i wanted to own when I was a kid and had completely forgotten about. Glad I saw this thread.

-Cory

A machinist on NFA Talk forum built one in 32acp... pics and vids of it are amazing!

I’d be all over the B&T VP9 in a heartbeat.

Catching the end of that, he states the US will cross into 2000 with the M16 family of weapons and Russia will have the AK series still. What foresight for someone back then.
    Last edited by Arbninftry; 09-22-2018 at 09:37 AM.

User Tag List