Thread: Newly Imported German P210s...

Site Supporter

Newly Imported German P210s...

It looks like these are being imported again--at least for the short term:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/779348401

To be clear, these aren't the "American" P210s produced in NH (for considerably less $$); they don't use the "ejection port" lockup like the American guns. I suppose they could be leftovers from the "P210 Legend" that was produced in Germany, several years ago. Or perhaps they're new production. This excerpt from the linked listing suggests more are on they way:

THE LEGEND IS BACK. MAD DOG GUNS IS THE UNITED STATES DISTRIBUTOR FOR ALL P210'S. ALL OTHER SIZES WILL BE IN STOCK AND IN SILVER OR BLACK. THESE SHOULD ARRIVE IN 6 WEEKS DEPENDING ON CUSTOMS. I AM TAKING DEPOSITS NOW. ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL 1-602-708-1725.

So... I'm thinking they may be making them again... and sending them our way again. Interesting, in the wake of those P226 LDCs that came in from Germany a few months back. Sounds like maybe someone else (besides Sig NH) is importing them? I wonder what's going on between Exeter and Deutschland.

There's several other imported P210s listed on GB, at the moment. All of the "Super Target" persuasion, some 5" some 6". I mean, I can't afford one--so, whatever. But maybe you guys can...
    Last edited by MattyD380; 09-21-2018 at 02:40 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Curious how it stacks up against a similarly priced 1911 9mm full size. Also kinda curious to meet a human with hands those goofy Nills grip backstraps really work for.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Curious how it stacks up against a similarly priced 1911 9mm full size. Also kinda curious to meet a human with hands those goofy Nills grip backstraps really work for.
    Yeah, they'd be the first thing to go if I ever get my hands on one.

I'm waiting for Michael Zelany to weigh in on these...Best, Jon

At 3500, I can't imagine why one would buy one of these...so ugly. There are still good Swiss-made P210s out there in the sub-3k range, they won't be the prettiest things ever, but I guarantee you they won't be worn out. Because Swiss-built P210s are virtually indestructible.

In terms of comparisons to a high-end 9mm 1911...better. Partly, because the P210 is actually 9mm-sized, it fits better. Where the 1911 remains .45 sized and 9mm guns are just oversized parts to fit. I'm sure you could build a 9mm 1911 that's just as good as a P210 and maybe for close to the same money (not sure what a full-house Burton gun costs these days, but that's what you want to be thinking about). The P210 defines "superlative". That said, I think you can get 90%+ of P210 performance in other guns some of which may shoot better. Side-by-side the P210s I've shot I'd take one over just about every other 9mm handgun. But the closest in raw shooting performance and accuracy - CZ Custom SP01, Yost Custom Hi-Power, Smith 952-2 - each of those would make me think hard about picking the P210 or it.

I really want to put the custom STI I got earlier this year (Briley barrel and bushing, custom everything blah blah blah) against my buddy's Novak-tuned Swiss-made P210-5. But alas, we haven't had time to catch up and go shooting.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 09-21-2018 at 11:44 PM.

Ive seen these at my LGS for like $1400-$1500.....
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    That would be the US-made version.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List