Thread: ADT monitoring promotional rates (for existing customers)

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

ADT monitoring promotional rates (for existing customers)

My ADT rate has crept up from $25 to $41/month. I was considering changing over to Simplisafe and called ADT to whine about their rates. If you don't bite at their first few offers, they'll reduce you to $15.99/mo for 6 months and $29.99/mo from then on without signing a new contract. If you want to do a 2 year contract, they'll do $24.99/mo. I opted for the no new contract and in 6 months will probably just call them back and see if it's time to switch to Simplisafe or not. Not life changing money, but worth a 5 minute phone call.

Note they offered $34.99/mo at first. Then $29.99 with a 5 year contract (lulz, no). Then $24.99 with a 5 year contract (lulz, still no). Then $24.99 with a 2 year contract. Then the 6 month promotion and $29.99 with no contract.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Recently switched from wired (via internet) monitoring to cellular. Cost me $89 for the part/install and $16.99/month for monitoring. No contract.
    Owning your own equipment saves lots of $$, vs "renting" from some of the big names.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I think its currently $49 a month. I will not have them much longer. I have them because its convenient and the fact I havent changed. I will say their app is spot on. If the alarm goes off I am notified almost as quickly as you can hear the siren. There has to be a better option.

User Tag List